1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2008 4:00 AM by 843849 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: windows mobile 5.0 (ce 5)  need JVM
        Hello,

why dont you use IBm J9 ? its pretty good... eventhough slow..
        You can get a trial version for free and full version will cost $6.

dudes... i really need help..

I am trying to run a java application on Windows CE 5.0... tried searchin for a suitable JRE for download and finally zeroed on IBM websphere everyPlace Micro Environment... have downloaded the setup but have no idea on how to install this on the device... plz help out
          • 17. Re: windows mobile 5.0 (ce 5)  need JVM
            Ken_Walker, this mail is directed at you... any others also plz help if u can...

i have downloaded the setup file for JRE for my windows CE 5.0 PDA device(ibm-weme-wince-stdsdk-ppro11_6.1.1.20061110-161633)... but i dunno how to install the JRE on my device... plz gimme a detailed write up.. tx a lot
            • 18. Re: windows mobile 5.0 (ce 5)  need JVM
              Installation of IBM J9 is not hard, but largely undocumented.
              I've spent some time describing how to install it on http://puthli.blogspot.com. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Regards,
              Robin
              • 19. Re: windows mobile 5.0 (ce 5)  need JVM
                If people are still interested in CDC on Windows Mobile, please refer to our phoneME project which shows how to build your own CDC-based stack binary (w/MIDP) for Windows Mobile:

http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/Mobileandembedded/PhoneMEAdvancedGSGWinMobile

Thanks,

Hinkmond

Edited by: hinkmond on Jan 24, 2008 5:39 PM

Edited by: hinkmond on Jan 24, 2008 5:40 PM
                • 20. Re: windows mobile 5.0 (ce 5)  need JVM
                  I have run some MIDLets using PPC 6700. just copy the jad and jar to the phone and click on jad. Let me know if this desn't work.
                  • 21. Re: Windows CE 5.0 (ce 5)  need JVM
                    Try CrE-ME!
                    Free evaluation versions evailable from http://www.nsicom.com/Default.aspx?tabid=159
                    • 22. Re: windows mobile 5.0 (ce 5)  need JVM
                      Hi,

I would like to know (as posted but not replied) if JNI is supported on JVMs like Esmertec Jbed.

Thank you.
                      • 23. Re: windows mobile 5.0 (ce 5)  need JVM
                        It looks like this thread may have run cold, but I'd like to know how to do this.

All that I'm interested in doing is to be able to access some java-enabled websites. (i.e. LavalifePrime. www.prime.lavalife.com)

The site is viewable, and I can read the forum posts ...etc.

BUT when I try to reply to a forum post or internal email ... I can type in my reply, but when I click on the "Add Comment" button, either nothing happens or an error message gets displayed.

When I right-click on this button, and inspect it's properties : "javascript:sendComment()"

It seems odd that many of the OTHER buttons work, the problem just seems to occur when replying.

I have found something called "Mysaifu JVM" and have successfully downloaded a .CAB file from http://sourceforge.jp/projects/mysaifujvm/releases/33879.
                        When I tried to launch it, I got a "disk full" error, which leads me to believe that I might have to buy a memory card?

This seems to be an awful lot of "screwing around". Is there an easier solution?
                        1 2 Previous Next