This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2008 7:13 AM by 843849 RSS

Mysaifu JVM - CDC test App

843849 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I have installed Mysaifu JVM(0.3.9) on HP iPAQ Hx2000 series and i copied one test application sample from the CDC toolkit provided by sun and tried to run it on the device. But the application is not running. Can you please tell me am i installed any wrong JVM on to device.

Tnq.
  • 1. Re: Mysaifu JVM - CDC test App
    843849 Newbie
    Hi,

I am not sure, but I think CDC toolkit suport AGUI and Mysaifu JVM AWT.

Regards,
    Nedelcho
  • 2. Re: Mysaifu JVM - CDC test App
    843849 Newbie
    tron wrote:
    I am not sure, but I think CDC toolkit suport AGUI and Mysaifu JVM AWT.
    No, the basic GUI toolkit for CDC/Personal Profile is AWT! AGUI is a new optional extension!
  • 3. Re: Mysaifu JVM - CDC test App
    843849 Newbie
    Hi JBrain,
    I am new in J2ME. I want to ask you something. When I use Sun CDC toolkit the GUI is Swing (AWT is not available). When I tried to run some app in Mysaifu JVM, does not run. What is the problem?
  • 4. Re: Mysaifu JVM - CDC test App
    843849 Newbie
    First of all you have to understand the differences between the modules:
    - CDC
    - Personal Profile
    - Optional packages like AGUI

I can not belive that the Sun CDC toolkit only supports Swing and NOT AWT. AWT should always be available because it is the core of Personal profile. I think Swing should not be supported...

Of course I can not give a general answer why application xyz does not run in Mysaifu:
    1. Mysaifu is not a CDC/Personal Profile VM but should be a "full" VM compatible to J2SE.
    2. Mysaifu is still under development. So ask the Mysaifu developers...
  • 5. Re: Mysaifu JVM - CDC test App
    843849 Newbie
    Hi,
    You are right. The problem for me are:
    1. Vendors specific device - many types of proccesors and different OS implementation, almost every manufacturer rewrite some OS modules.
    2. Vendors specific VM - independent VM manufacturer, not fully support of technical specification for JSR.
    3. Some type of mismatched Sun Approach - !!! phoneME.
  • 6. Re: Mysaifu JVM - CDC test App
    843849 Newbie
    Welcome to the J2ME jungle with CDC/PP. First Sun is not able to provide a VM for Pocket PC for years then phoneME is launched but when it will it be in a state that I can use it in a commercial application?
    I am really thiniking about going back to .NET.