2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2008 5:27 PM by 843849 RSS

Newbie in CDC technology

Hello friends.

I have developed a java application in Java Web Start, with java jdk 1.4. the application works fine, consists in a java client application that connects with stream with a servlet, this server returns data from a database to the java client application, and java application shows the data to the client in jtables and jpanels. Works with jtables, jtabbedpanes.. etc etc.

I want to know:

- it's possible to run jnlp applications in a mobile (nokia or pda, pocket pc, or anothers) ?
      - if not possible, because i understand that java jvm need a lot of requeriments, and a little mobile not sufficient power have for run normal java applications... �it's CDC developer kit the soluttion for develop an application for mobiles? I want more power that MIDP'S. I need gui more powerfull that MIDPS (jpanels, jtables, or similar gui components... )
      - exists in the market any mobile/pocket pc or pda that work fine with CDC technology? I want to buy a mobile that support this tecnology, but i don't know what partner o manufacturer. where i can find this information?

Thanks, i'm interesting to learn this technology, but i have not sure the basics.

Josep
        • 1. Re: Newbie in CDC technology
          CDC:
          1. High profile and memory devices
          2. Buy Windows mobile like HTC TYTTN
          3. Develope application for CDC platform
          - use netbeans 6.1
          - get Windows mobile 6.0 image emulators
          - get active sync
          - use Device emulators to send your cdc *.jar file
          - Get NSIcom JVM for swing and Javavm

CLDC/MIDP: