3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2010 2:22 PM by DarrylBurke RSS

jdk1.5 and bluetooth

Hi all.

Is is possible to integrate jdk1.5 and bluetooth without using any of the wireless toolkit api's?
      I get my program to compile if I add jsr082 to the classpath, but the program won't run, it give a Ljavaxc/bluetooth/DiscoveryAgent error.

javax.bluetooth.BluetoothStateException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.sun.kvem.jsr082.bluetooth.DiscoveryAgentImpl.<init>(Ljavax/bluetooth/DiscoveryAgent;)V

Some people on the net reckon I should preverify, but why should I preverify if I'm not using WTK?

Am I right or wrong?

Leon
        • 1. Re: jdk1.5 and bluetooth
          welcome,

first you have to have two things :
          - bluetooth stack
          - the API that can contact this stack

for the stack, you can use windows xp with sp2
          for the API get bluecove api, it's free.

Best Regards,
          Ahmed Shaaban.
          • 2. Re: jdk1.5 and bluetooth
            If you are building a Desktop application, you have to use the bluecover.jar. (for Windows) or bluecover.jar with bluecove-glp (for Linux). Probably, you are using the JSR082.jar in your project. It's wrong because JSR082.jar is only for build Mobile application (MIDlets).

That's it!

Carlos Brito.
            • 3. Re: jdk1.5 and bluetooth
              DarrylBurke
              carlosmcp, please don't post in threads that are long dead. When you have a question, start your own topic. Feel free to provide a link to an old post that may be relevant to your problem. Moreover, your ill-informed response is erroneous in many ways and adds no useful information to this thread, so I'm blocking it.

I'm locking this thread now.

db