This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2010 2:14 AM by 843851 RSS

MHP: Video and audio

843851 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I am developing an application for MHP. The application needs to play a video with audio from an http source. I have read about how to do it, but I don’t have a clear idea on how to solve the problem.

Is it possible to do it without Videodrips? If not, how can be solved the problem to synchronize image and sound?

Thanks.
  • 1. Re: MHP: Video and audio
    843851 Newbie
    Can you please give some details on your environment - MHP version, country ...

Thanks,

Michael
  • 2. Re: MHP: Video and audio
    843851 Newbie
    Hello,

thanks for the reply. The environment is still open, so I (hope) can choose MHP version (I was planning 1.1.x, but other can be accepted, even 1.2). I have Osmosys for Eclipse and a STB with MHP 1.1.2 (Osmosys MHP stack), but planning to buy another STB, so version could change.

The project is for Spain only.

If you need any other information I have forgotten, please make me know.

Thanks again,

Hector
  • 3. Re: MHP: Video and audio
    843851 Newbie
    Hello,

In Italy there are some trials ongoing with the same focus, download and play from http some content.

We had to do some extension to MHP 1.1 with a standard called Broadband Addendum.

You can read something technical here

IIRC, the first decoder enables is the Telesystem TS7900HD with alticast MHP stack.

Hope it helps.

bye
  • 4. Re: MHP: Video and audio
    843851 Newbie
    Hi aventuri,

So, you mean that the Telesystem TS7900HD with alticast MHP stack does include the Broadband Addendum extension? And in that case, video+audio reproduction is possible, without using videodrips (and then separate video and audio channels)? Actually, we were considering to purchase this model of STB, so its a very good new for us!
    Thanks in advance.
  • 5. Re: MHP: Video and audio
    843851 Newbie
    I don't know about the specifics of the Telesystem box, but if you have one available,
    you could try to create a JMF player with a http url.
    If this doesn't work, you could alternatively try to download the content first and then play-back from file.

Michael
  • 6. Re: MHP: Video and audio
    843851 Newbie
    Hi Hector,

i think so, in these very days there's an upgrade OTA for the Telesystem box that's supposed to bring the TS7900HD to 1.1.x MHP version with broadband addendum enabled.

i don't know if the same featureset is already available in the box on the shelf. you should ask to Telesystem.

bye

Andrea
  • 7. Re: MHP: Video and audio
    843851 Newbie
    Hi Andrea,

thank you very much. I'm trying to get answer from Telesystem.

@Michael: Still don't have a Telesystem STB, so I can't try what you propose. I have tried to use JMF with Osmosys and doesn’t work for video (it can play mp3 files in the emulator). So I think that JMF is not an option, at least for Osmosys based decoders.

Best regards

Hector
  • 8. Re: MHP: Video and audio
    843851 Newbie
    Hi Andrea,

I have eventually managed to get a TS7900HD TELE System RicevitoreDigitale Terrestre.

My aim is to develop a MHP application but for testing purposes, I would like to upload someway my application to the deco but I don’t know how to.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Hector