0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 15, 2010 1:48 AM by 843851 RSS

Parental Control using OCAP 1.1.2 ????

Hi all,

I am new to OCAP and I need help in understanding the flow of execution to implement Parental Contol in a STB using OCAP,

Correct me wherever I go wrong:-

An application is bound to service context by a Monitor Application with adequate permissions,so the Parental Control Application (*PCA*, suppose I will be implementing it) needs to be registered to the initial Monitor application (_please someone do explain how registering can be done???)_

Now the PCA, needs to listen for events from JMF player (_how can I make PCA poll for events from player??);_
      It also registers a handler (_for a spesific trigger, most likely,*please do validate this_*) where the logic for Parental Control hadling will be implemented.So PCA should be a privilaged application with MonitorAppPermission("mediaAccess");

JMF player in turn checks the registered PCA registered Handler for the particular trigger (_do different handlers get called for different riggers???)_ for Authorization Permissions.If authorization not returned then presentation is blocked and appropriate events generated which are used internally;

Edited by: Anandita on Jan 14, 2010 11:47 PM