6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2010 8:48 AM by Malinowy

PO Header level Descriptive Flexfields (DFF)

Hi,

We would like to define different sets of DFFs on PO Header level based on different nature of Purchase Orders. For example:

Local Purchase Order (Cotton)
      Import Purchase Order (Cotton)
      Local Purchase Order (Chemicals)
      Service Purchase Order (Processing)
      Service Purchase Order (Cleaning)
      Service Purchase Order (I.Technology)

The point is to capture different sets of information based on different Categories of purchases.

Our problem is that the PO Headers DFF is shared between RFQ, Quote and PO. Secondly, if we leave it on users to select the Context Value, there is a chance of selecting a wrong value.

Any solutions or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

-- Ahmed
        • 1. Re: PO Header level Descriptive Flexfields (DFF)
          pranit kumar saha
          You can capture the additional information in the PO header level attachments as well

Navigate to Setup -> Attachments and setup the attachment templates based on the list you have mentioned.

While creating the PO, click on the attachment icon in the toolbar and click on the "Document Catalog" button and search for Usage "Template". This will show you the attachment templates those you have created in the previous step.

Select the template and attach it to PO.
          • 2. Re: PO Header level Descriptive Flexfields (DFF)
            Malinowy
            We use context DFF where context value is a variable set by form personaliztion.
            We assign a value depending on document type.
            In this way we have different segments of DFF on each purchase document type (standard, blanket, contract).

I think this solution will work in your scenario too.

Regards,
            Marcin
            • 3. Re: PO Header level Descriptive Flexfields (DFF)
              djh-2149574
              Thanks Marcin,

your solution does makes sense, but can u plz elaborate how you differentiated different types of PO? which fields you used to Personalize the CONTEXT value of the PO Header DFF? A little guidance with example or some screen-shots would be appreciated. You may send it to me at aebham@gmail.com.

-- Ahmed
              • 4. Re: PO Header level Descriptive Flexfields (DFF)
                Sanjay Desai EBS
                Hi Ahmed,

Can you explain me that How you identify the different nature of PO on PO screen ? which field is populated for the same ?

Regards,
                Sanjay
                • 5. Re: PO Header level Descriptive Flexfields (DFF)
                  Hi Sanjay,

Currently, we have created different "Context Values" for each different type of PO. The users selects the Conext value and enters the relevant info.

-- Ahmed
                  • 6. Re: PO Header level Descriptive Flexfields (DFF)
                    Malinowy
                    On DFF definition form set global variable as a Reference Field eg. global.XX_DOCTYPE.
                    Set Context field values set BLANKET, STANDARD, CONTRACT, PLANNED etc.

Then on you can set global.XX_DOCTYPE values using form personalization, eg:
                    Tab Actions:
                    Object type: Global Variable
                    Target Object: XX_DOCTYPE
                    Property Name: VALUE
                    Value: ${item.po_headers.TYPE_LOOKUP_CODE.value}

This solution is very flexible. We use different context for combinations of Operating Unit and Document Type.
                    To set values of global.MY_VARIABLE we make concatenation of profile option ORG_ID value and document type value.

I believe this will work in your scenario.

--
                    Marcin