This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 10, 2009 2:33 PM by 807557 RSS

How to use RTT?

800361 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

Just yesterday i heard about RTT. In my application there are plenty of threads and its working fine in HT enabled / Multi-Core processor machines.

But the audio module is failed in Pentium 4 which is a single-core, HT disabled machine.

Now I have to redesign my entire application or put priorities for the threads, which will take quite some time.

While searching for a alternate solution i got RTT. I have the following doubts about RTT, please reply...

1. Do i need to get license for RTT to use it in commercial application ?
2. Will it work in windows? Why there is no download option for windows platform?
3. Do i need to install it in client machines? OR including a jar file is enough.

Thanks in Advance,
Karthikeyan R
  • 1. Re: How to use RTT?
    807557 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Karthikeyan_R wrote:
    1. Do i need to get license for RTT to use it in commercial application ?
    Yes. Sun's Java Real-Time System (JRTS) is a commercial product and must be purchased/licensed.
    2. Will it work in windows? Why there is no download option for windows platform?
    No. Windows is not a real-time operating system and can not support the requirements of the Real-Time Specification for Java.
    3. Do i need to install it in client machines? OR including a jar file is enough.
    An implementation of the RTSJ, such as Sun's JRTS is a complete virtual machine, you can not implement the RTSJ by simply providing some Java classes in a jar file.

David Holmes