This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 6, 2008 9:39 PM by 807557 RSS

wild card characters support for PreCompilation list of classes in RTSJ?

807557 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

I am generating a precompilation list for methods and classes (ITC.preinit for class is generated and nhrt.precompile for methods are generated). I done this because i dont want the compilation jitter in between the execution..... So i generate these list and load these lists.

Now class list contents are look like following

java/lang/CharacterData02
java/lang/CharacterDataUndefined
java/lang/CharacterData0E
java/lang/CharacterDataPrivateUse
java/lang/ConditionalSpecialCasing
sun/security/provider/X509Factory
sun/security/util/Cache
sun/security/util/MemoryCache
sun/security/x509/X509CertInfo
java/lang/Integer$IntegerCache

file also includes class name for my application.

I actually want to give wild card character ie " * " with the package name so that it will load all the classes under package mentioned....can anyone tell me whether i can do that or not ....ie RTSJ provides this support or not????
or how i can do that???????????

Actually problem with the existing format that file generated is too long and everytime i add new classes and methods i ve to regenerate the file ...due to this reason i need solution like following

For Example ---> java/lang/*
Compiler should load all classes under the package java.lang before execution....

Thanks
  • 1. Re: wild card characters support for PreCompilation list of classes in RTSJ
    807557 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sorry, but no, wildcards are not supported for preload/init or precompile lists.

Wildcards can easily cause problems, and would have to be used with great care. For example, preloading all classes/types in a package could load and initialize them in an order that is impossible under normal runtime conditions and that could lead to initialization failures - which is why the generated lists maintain the order in which things actually occurred. Precompilation is safer but if you precompiled everything you're likely to run out of memory - there are potentially three different compiled versions of each method (for JLT, RTT and NHRT) and a normal run of a program would only compile a small fraction of the methods defined in an entire package.

Regeneration of the lists is presently the only option.

David Holmes