2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2009 3:35 AM by 807557 RSS

Problem in using ILOM Remote console setup in X4150

We have a newly purchased X4150 server and are trying to setup ilom remote console and redirect to a remote Windows XP desktop. My ILOM version is 2.0.2.6. But it has failed.

First of all, in ILOM web interface, when I click on "Remote Control" tab, under "Redirection", I do not see "I want to see rediction in 16-bit" and "I want to see redirection in 8-bit" options for Launch Redirection as described in the "User Guide".

After click the "Launch Redirection", it does not show "Welcome" page in green color as showed in the "User Guide"

Still my Sun ILOM Remote Console was started and I was able to see the cursor flashing. I checked Devices and made sure that my Keyboard, Mouse, and CD-ROM had been enabled. However, I was not able to input anything with my keyboard.

What could be wrong?

Thanks and Looking forward to your response!

Jie
        • 1. Re: Problem in using ILOM Remote console setup in X4150
          Were you able to find the fix for your keyboard issue? We are running into the same problem with keyboard input not responding in the remote console. I can type Ctrl+DEL (with Left Alt option selected) and get the Ctrl-Alt-Del reaction from the server. The mouse works fine. All the required ports are open.

UPDATE: I found a solution to my own problem. I unchecked the "Auto-Keybreak Mode" under the remote console's Keyboard menu. Now keyboard is working as expected.
          • 2. Re: Problem in using ILOM Remote console setup in X4150
            Please take a look at the updated ilom/bios versions, solved lots of problems with our ilom/ipmi issues. You are using the first release of the ilom system so upgrading should be considered. ILOM v3 has lots of improvements!

http://www.sun.com/servers/x64/x4150/downloads.jsp