This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
We also have the X6250 blades and always connect an external USB DVD drive to load an OS....
I usually use set an IP for the ILOM interface of the blade and then mount an ISO-file from that.
OK, which interface is the ILOM interface, and how do we determine what the IP of it currently is, and how to set it if we don't know it. I don't know any of these questions, that's why I ask.
Basically you want to:
1) conntect via serial interface to the CMM (chassi) ans set an IP-address of the chassi ILO.
2) SSH to the chassi IP-address from a PC
3) use the CLI to set the ILO IP-address of each blade
4) From the same PC you now should be able to set surf to the CMM and each blade :)
5) Use the redirect function available in the ILO to access the BIOS, mount an .iso image and so on...
However, start browsing the Sun supportpages for each step...
I promise setting up the ILO is worth the time... at least that is my experience...
As a start this is a link to one type of blade but I think the ILO IP-address is configured in the same way on all bladetypes :
I was able to connect with the serial cable, and I logged in fine, assigned an IP address and then attempted to update the ILOM from 1.1.8 to 3.1.2 and the CMM now appears dead and I cannot access it. All lights are out and it is stuck on FRUTOOL.