1 2 3 Previous Next 43 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2003 4:33 PM by 135084 Go to original post
      • 15. Re: basic_demo install.vbs fails with windows script error 800A0005
        mdrake-Oracle
        Can you replace makeShortCut with

Sub makeShortcut(localConfig, shortCutFolderPath, shortcutName, targetPath, iconPath, targetDirectory, arguments)

Wscript.echo "*** iconPath 3: " + shortcutName + "," + targetPath + "," + targetDirectory + "," + iconPath
        Set oShellLink = windowsShell.CreateShortcut(shortCutFolderPath & FILE_SEPERATOR & shortcutName & ".lnk")

oShellLink.WindowStyle = 1

if not IsNull(targetPath) then
        oShellLink.targetPath = targetPath
        End if

if not IsNull(targetDirectory) then
        oShellLink.WorkingDirectory = targetDirectory
        End if

if not IsNull(iconPath) then
        wscript.echo "IconPath for (" + shortcutName + ") = " + iconPath + "'"
        oShellLink.IconLocation = iconPath
        End if

if not isNULL(arguments) then
        oShellLink.Arguments = arguments
        End if

oShellLink.Description = ""
        oShellLink.Save

End Sub
        • 16. Re: basic_demo install.vbs fails with windows script error 800A0005
          Changes made to the install.vbs makeshortcut script, as requested.

Now, right before the crashe the following is seen:

After many prompts for things similar too:

***iconPath 3: 7.0 Make Views,c:\oracle\ora92\bin\sqlplusw.exe,C;\basicDemo,c:\ora92\bin\sqlplusw.exe

IconPath for (7.0 make Views)=c:\oracle\ora92\bin\sqlplusw.exe'

*** iconPath 3: 1.0 XML DB Repository,C:\basicDemo\LOCAL\WebDAV,,

IconPath for (1.0 XML DB Repository) = '

ERROR:
          Script: C:\basicDemo\Install\Install.vbs
          Line: 882
          Char: 1
          Error: Invalid procedure call or argument
          Code: 800A0005
          Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error
          • 17. Re: basic_demo install.vbs fails with windows script error 800A0005
            mdrake-Oracle
            Gary

Could you try editing basicDemo.xml. In the section that defines step 1.0 , 1.3 and 3.0 please replace the empty '<icon/>' node with '<icon>%SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll,3</icon>' and then save the file and run again...

Thx
            Mark
            • 18. Re: basic_demo install.vbs fails with windows script error 800A0005
              This change caused the execution to proceed further.

This time it failed as:

*** iconPath 3: 1.0 XML DB Repository,C:\basicDemo\LOCAL\WebDAV,,%SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll,3

IconPath for (1.0 XML DB Repository)=%SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll,3'

*** iconPath3: 1.2 Listener Status,cmd,C:\basicDemo\LOCAL,

IconPath for (1.2 Listener Status)='

ERROR:
              Scripot: C:\basicDemo\Install\Install.vbs
              Line: 882
              Char: 1
              Error: Invalid procedure call or argument
              Code: 800A0005
              Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error

• 19. Re: basic_demo install.vbs fails with windows script error 800A0005
                mdrake-Oracle
                Set the ICON element to be
                <icon>C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe</icon>

It appears that some version 2K do not like an empty Icon Path..
                • 21. Re: basic_demo install.vbs fails with windows script error 800A0005
                  Since I get the same error message, I have a question about one pre-requisite for basicDemo which I didn't fulfill:

Microsoft DOM control and XML Parser for VBScript. This is used by the installation script to process the
                  configuration files.
                  At the time of writing the latest version of this software can be downloaded from
                  http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.asp?url=/msdnfiles/027/001/766/msdncompositedoc.xml

The link redirects me to MSDN Downloads main page and after I could only find "Microsoft XML Parser 3.0 SP 4". I don't know if I have the right file. I don't know if I even need it (I have Windows XP; Service Pack 1).

Anyway after executing Install script I get:

Script:          c:\basicDemo\Install\Install.vbs
                  Line:          962
                  Char:          5
                  Error:          Invalid procedure call or argument
                  Code:          800A0005
                  Source:          Microsoft VBScript runtime error

Line 962 begins with:

shortCut.write(shortCutBody)
                  shortCut.write(makeLong(Len(demoName)))
                  shortCut.write(makeUnicode(demoName))
                  shortCut.write(makeLong(Len(targetURL)))
                  shortCut.write(makeUniCode(targetURL))

Any suggestions ?
                  • 22. Re: basic_demo install.vbs fails with windows script error 800A0005
                    mdrake-Oracle
                    The latest version of Windows Script is at

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=01592C48-207D-4BE1-8A76-1C4099D7BBB9&displaylang=en

The latest version of the XML Services is at

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=3144b72b-b4f2-46da-b4b6-c5d7485f2b42&displaylang=en

Try installing these versions and running the install again.
                    • 23. Re: basic_demo install.vbs fails with windows script error 800A0005
                      Did That, but the same error pops up.

I also don't have a clue about windows scripting, so I really need help.

Is it possible that error is OS dependant ?

Gary W Juergens database is on Sun OS (2.6) the same as mine (2.8 64bit)
                      • 24. Re: basic_demo install.vbs fails with windows script error 800A0005
                        Hi

I see your still having problems.

You need to debug install.vbs with "Microsoft Windows Scripting Host 5.6 - Windows 2000/XP"!

if you don't have wscript.exe installed you can download it from:
                        http://download.microsoft.com/download/winscript56/Install/5.6/NT5/EN-US/scripten.exe
                        its about 700K in size.

Once installed open up a DOS prompt and execute:

wscript.exe "[drive]:\[path]\Install.vbs" //x (this will open the debugger with the script stopped)

or

wscript.exe "[drive]:\[path]\Install.vbs" //d (this will open the debugger will open when an error occurs or hits a "stop" statement)

To find out where you are in the call stack or view some variables open up menu:
                        view/call stack
                        and
                        view/command window

to view a variable type something like
                        wscript.echo [string]
                        eg
                        wscript.echo CONFIG_LOAD_FAILED
                        wscript.echo FILE_SEPERATOR

and hit return, you should see a small window pop up with the result.

you can leave multiple
                        wscript.echo strings in the command window.

Good luck

Warwick

• 25. Re: basic_demo install.vbs fails with windows script error 800A0005
                          mdrake-Oracle
                          Hey Warwick... Did you get the private email I sent last week...

-Mark
                          • 26. Re: basic_demo install.vbs fails with windows script error 800A0005
                            Yes!

I have just come back from Holiday this afternoon.

I will be replying tomorrow.

Thank you very much for the invite.

Warwick

• 27. Re: basic_demo install.vbs fails with windows script error 800A0005
                              Windows Script Host is installed:

C:\basicDemo\Install>cscript
                              Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
                              Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.

If I execute

wscript.exe c:\basicDemo\Install\Install.vbs //d (or //x)

..i get the same error message, but no debugger is opened
                              • 28. Re: basic_demo install.vbs fails with windows script error 800A0005
                                Once more I unpacked basicDemo and it seems that the same error message appears without even modifying installParameters.xml file
                                • 29. Re: basic_demo install.vbs fails with windows script error 800A0005
                                  Debugger didn't start, becouse it wasn't installed.
                                  It is now, and with a help of a friend I managed to find out what's causing the problem.

shortCut.write(shortCutBody)

We have tried to put a diferent argument in the function and it creates/writes data (just some plain text) in C:\basicDemo\LOCAL\WebDAV\XML DB on kavka\

The same thing fails with 'shortCutBody' argument.

Now, is there another way to say:

shortcutBody = Chr(&H4C) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H01) & Chr(&H14) & Chr(&H02) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&HC0) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00)
                                  shortcutBody = shortcutBody & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H46) & Chr(&H81) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00)
                                  shortcutBody = shortcutBody & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00)
                                  shortcutBody = shortcutBody & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H01) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H01) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00)
                                  shortcutBody = shortcutBody & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00)

shortcutBody = shortcutBody & Chr(sectionLength2)

shortcutBody = shortcutBody & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H14) & Chr(&H00)
                                  shortcutBody = shortcutBody & Chr(&H1F) & Chr(&H50) & Chr(&HE0) & Chr(&H4F) & Chr(&HD0) & Chr(&H20) & Chr(&HEA) & Chr(&H3A) & Chr(&H69) & Chr(&H10) & Chr(&HA2) & Chr(&HD8) & Chr(&H08) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H2B) & Chr(&H30)
                                  shortcutBody = shortcutBody & Chr(&H30) & Chr(&H9D) & Chr(&H14) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H2E) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&HDF) & Chr(&HEA) & Chr(&HBD) & Chr(&H65) & Chr(&HC2) & Chr(&HD0) & Chr(&H11) & Chr(&HBC) & Chr(&HED)
                                  shortcutBody = shortcutBody & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&HA0) & Chr(&HC9) & Chr(&H0A) & Chr(&HB5) & Chr(&H0F)

shortcutBody = shortcutBody & Chr(sectionLength1)
                                  shortcutBody = shortcutBody & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H4C) & Chr(&H50) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H01) & Chr(&H42) & Chr(&H57) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00)
                                  shortcutBody = shortcutBody & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H00) & Chr(&H10)