3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2009 9:08 PM by 807557

make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `check' during APR install

I am trying to install Apache 2.2.11 installation on s Solaris 10 on a sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T1000 machine. I ran the configure command as root from where the source files are placed:
      The make step ended with "error: APR-util version 1.2.0 or later is required",

so I moved to install APR-util 1.3.8, that make step failed on
        • 1. Re: make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `check' during APR install
          Sorry I hit the end key by accident before I finished descriping th eproblem:

I am trying to install Apache 2.2.11 installation on s Solaris 10 on a sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T1000 machine. I ran the configure command as root from where the source files are placed:
          *# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2.2.11*

The make step ended with "*error: APR-util version 1.2.0 or later is required*",

So I moved to install APR-util 1.3.8. Again, ran the configure command as root from where the source files are:
          # ./configure with-apr=/usr/local/apr build=sparc-sun4-solaris2 --host= sparc-sun4-solaris2 –target= sparc-sun4-solaris2

This time, the make step failed with:
          ksh: gawk: not found
          **** Error code 127*
          make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `exports.c'
          Current working directory /export/home/wzhao/apr-util-1.3.8
          *** Error code 1
          The following command caused the error:
          otarget=`echo all-recursive | sed s/-recursive//`; \
          list='xml dbd dbm encoding hooks buckets misc crypto uri strmatch memcache dbm/sdbm ldap xlate '; \
          for i in $list; do \
          if test -f "$i/Makefile"; then \
          target="$otarget"; \
          echo "Making $target in $i"; \
          if test "$i" = "."; then \
          made_local=yes; \
          target="local-$target"; \
          fi; \
          (cd $i && make $target) || exit 1; \
          fi; \
          done; \
          if test "$otarget" = "all" && test -z "libaprutil-1.la aprutil.exp apu-config.out dbd/apr_dbd_pgsql.la"; then \
          made_local=yes; \
          fi; \
          if test "$made_local" != "yes"; then \
          make "local-$otarget" || exit 1; \
          fi
          make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

Does someone know what this error is trying to tell me? What's the solution?

All my source files are donwloaded from apache site. Does it matter? Should I download them from Sun?

Thanks in advance!!
          • 2. Re: make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `check' during APR install
            alan.pae
            Wenxiu wrote:
            Sorry I hit the end key by accident before I finished descriping th eproblem:

*# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2.2.11*

The make step ended with "*error: APR-util version 1.2.0 or later is required*",

So I moved to install APR-util 1.3.8. Again, ran the configure command as root from where the source files are:
            # ./configure with-apr=/usr/local/apr build=sparc-sun4-solaris2 --host= sparc-sun4-solaris2 –target= sparc-sun4-solaris2

This time, the make step failed with:
            ksh: gawk: not found
            gawk should be the GNU version of awk.

You should be able to find it's path by using:

grep gawk /var/sadm/install/contents

If you can't then just grab it from and GNU mirror and compile it up.

alan
            • 3. Re: make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `check' during APR install
              Never mind!! I found out I could use the --with-included-apr in configure to get apache working without separatly install apr or apr-util.