4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2003 10:32 PM by Frank Nimphius-Oracle

Authenticating users in Forms9i with SSO

HI everybody!

Can somebody give a detailed instruction, how can I configure the Forms Service in 9iAS Rel. 2, to
      authenticate users with SSO in web forms?

• 1. Re: Authenticating users in Forms9i with SSO
          in the OC4J_BI_Forms instance log, I get the following exception:

"7/23/03 10:16 AM forms90web: oracle.ldap.util.UtilException: No Resource Information found for the key: DDM
          7/23/03 10:16 AM forms90web: Error: Unable to retrive the DB Credentials from OID"

but the DB credetials are configured in OID...
          I configured the "Default Resource Access Information".
          I choosed Resource Type = OracleDB.
          In my environment the OracleDB resource type, has the following attributes set:
          Authentication Class: oracle.reports.utility.DBAuth
          Connection String Format: orclUserIDAttribute/orclPasswordAttribute@orclFlexAttribute1
          User Name/ID Field Name: Username
          Password Field Name: Password
          Additional Field1: Database
          • 2. Re: Authenticating users in Forms9i with SSO
            Frank Nimphius-Oracle
            Kovacs,

your description is a bit confusing, so here is it step-by-step

1. Create sso user in OID using the Delegated Administartion Interface
            2. Create a RAD entry with the type of OracleDB. Make sure that the Name of the RAD entry is the same name that Forms uses as a value in the config parameter. Follow the dialog helping you to create the RAD entry.
            3. Create the Forms config section in the formsweb.cfg file

[<same name a RAD<]
            form= <your form>

4. Run Forms with ...?config=<same name as RAD>

This should connect you to the database.

Fran
            • 3. Re: Authenticating users in Forms9i with SSO
              Hi Frank!
              Thanks for your replay.
              Now the authentication works.
              But I have another questions:
              1. After I login with SSO login page, appears the forms Login Screen. I heard, this is a bug. Can you tell me the Patch number? I'm using 9iAS 9.0.2.0.0, Oracle Forms 9.0.2.9.0, OID 9.0.2.1.0
              2. I must define for all OID users the RAD?
              Because if I define in the OID, one Default RAD for all users, under the Preferences section, the servlet engine can't read the connection info from this RAD.
              3. I want to integrate the Discoverer with SSO. In the OTN, exists documents, witch describes how to do this?
              • 4. Re: Authenticating users in Forms9i with SSO
                Frank Nimphius-Oracle
                Hi,

1. After I login with SSO login page, appears the forms Login Screen. I heard, this is a bug. Can you tell me the Patch number? I'm using 9iAS 9.0.2.0.0, Oracle Forms 9.0.2.9.0, OID 9.0.2.1.0

It's Patch 1 for Forms9i

2. I must define for all OID users the RAD? Because if I define in the OID, one Default RAD for all users, under the Preferences section, the servlet engine can't read the connection info from this RAD.

The default preference will be supported in the upcoming version of Forms9i (9.0.4). Forms9i (9.0.2) applications will be able to use ot without recompilation)

We are planning to support OID groups in a next release after 9.0.4

3. I want to integrate the Discoverer with SSO. In the OTN, exists documents, witch describes how to do this?

I assume that you find this in the Oracle9iAS documentation for Discoverer

Fran