This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 2, 2009 4:39 AM by 807567 RSS

cimworkshop error

807567 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I am runnig opensolaris build 41, I have enabled smcwbem:default service using svcadm commnand.
I am not able to enter into cimworkshop. I get following error in a popup box on runnining /usr/sadm/bin/cimworkshop.

Unknown CIM error : TIMED_OUT

Any idea, what needs to be done to make it working.

Thanks..
  • 1. Re: cimworkshop error
    807567 Newbie
    I do not know about that but I just installed Solaris 10 on a V250. Ran all the patches and get the same error when trying to look at the disks in SMC....

Since I just started I am going to try to re-install Sol10 and see if it errors before the patches....
  • 2. Re: cimworkshop error
    807567 Newbie
    Hey Did you get any luck to get this runing. And what patches you applied.

Thanks.....
  • 3. Re: cimworkshop error
    807567 Newbie
    Hi arronfree.

You posted a problem you were having with SMC and looking at the disk. You got CIM error: TIMED_OUT. Did you ever get this issue resolved? IF you did can you tell me what the solution was. ken.senecal@pioneerinvestments.com.

Thanks
  • 4. Re: cimworkshop error
    807567 Newbie
    I have resolved the problem. I had to install the latest Patch Cluster for V10 plus quite a few other patches that were not included in the Patch Cluster. It is working nicely now. We had a bunch of SAN attached disk that we think were causing the time out issue.

Ken
  • 5. Re: cimworkshop error
    807567 Newbie
    Ooops,

Sorry for the very late reply.

At some point I bagged a production install of Solaris 10. I finally went green on a Sol 10 using 6/06 a month ago. So far no problem like that.

Loving ZFS, IPF and soon Zones--hope it stays that way.

A
  • 6. Re: cimworkshop error
    807567 Newbie
    it is a little old. But in my case (solari10 installed in vmware), i found that if i remove the floppy drive, this error will just disappear.

There is a article about floppy drive causing this issue. But i don't have contract to view it (still a student and trying to learn solaris) Not sure which patch required to get rid of this annoyed fault though.

my 2 cent.