2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2007 1:08 PM by 807567

Erron on NI Grid

I took the Grid course and thught I'd followed the install instructions to the T, but I get the following error in the message file:

04/25/2007 13:50:06|qmaster|thomas|C|denied: request for user "sgeadmin" does not match credentials for connection <niaaa-james,execd,1>

04/25/2007 13:50:06|qmaster|thomas|C|denied: request for user "sgeadmin" does not match credentials for connection <terry,execd,1>

I've checked and sgeadmin has the same uic on all three machines.

thomas is the master host.
      thomas, niaaa-james, terry are all submit and administrative host.
      niaaa-james and terry are execution host.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
      Roger

Message was edited by:
      natural
        • 1. Re: Erron on NI Grid
          So is this somehow connected to N1SM ?
          Did you deploy the grid using N1SM ?
          <p>

If yes provide the details of job which fails along with rough introduction of your setup.
          <p>

Honestly your mail doesn't give any context or product info, try to be more specific & for god sake don't ASSUME we have knowledge and context of YOUR problem. Don't expect we know every single course and IF you are pointing to something like that a URL or link to detailed steps would be nice. Asking good questions will give good answers. However your question doesn't have any head or tail.

<p>
          MY assumption on your Q is, that for some reason you have badly setup SGE between nodes and master, or submit host has wrong credentials.
          A pointer: http://gridengine.sunsource.net is a good place to start on SGE troubles and setup and documentation repository. There is also a FAQ section ;)
          <p>

Anyway to give you a hint on how to ask a question (google for detailed info on how to ask good questions next time ;) ) is that first you state WHICH product has the problem and find the correct forum. THEN you will try to say which steps you did with relevant background information. Only after this introduction to problem you may ask something relevant to problem that bugs you. A general question like "any suggestion" will yield you only empty forum ;)
          <p>
          2x measure 1x cut<br>
          think, research and then post a Q<br>
          google is your friend<br>
          <p>
          hth
          Lubos
          • 2. Re: Erron on NI Grid
            OK since you took so much time to smack me down I expect you to take some time to actually help me.
            <br><br>
            I went to your suggested site and found it had nothing to do with SUN's N1 Grid Engine, but rather with SUN's Grid Computing Service. I've googled for forum's to submit to and did not find anything useful - if anyone knows of a site please let me know. BTW, I did not appreciate your smart alect reference to googling on how to ask a question. I specifically refered to the SUN N1 Grid - how many SUN N1 Grid's are there?
            <br><br>
            I wrote to this forum and the Grid SPS forum because I honestly need help and my contract suport does not cover it and I can't find anyother place - so, presently, you all are my only hope...
            <br><br>
            I took the SUN N1 Grid Administration class and am trying to set up a N! Grid at work for a total of 5 computers. I have set up thomas as the Master Host; thomas, terry, and niaaa-james as Administration Host and Submit Host; and niaaa-james and terry as Execution Host.
            <br><br>
            I ran the installation carefully using the text book from my course but when I went to submit a job using the qsub command (qsub simple.sh)
            the job hung in the queue. The /opt/n1ge6/default/spool/qmaster/messages file (from memory) contained the error messages I included in my first post.
            <br><br>
            I checked each of the hosts to ensure that the sgeadmin user had the same uic and it did. I don't understand why I'm getting this error. I've searched SUN's knowledge base and don't see anything. I'm trying everything I can think of. I can't think on anymore info to include. If there is anything more I need to include would you please be more specific.
            <br><br>
            Thanks in advance,<br>
            Roger

Message was edited by:
            natural

Message was edited by:
            natural

Message was edited by:
            natural