0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2010 3:53 PM by 807567 RSS

problems using SMC for administrate NIS+ users

Hello,

In the SMC (solaris management consol) I added a tool to administrate our NIS+ domain. It shows up ok and I can see all users.
      The problem occurs as soon as I alter any information for the user and click apply.
      This is the error I get:
      The attempt to modify the Home Directory /export/home/xxxxx for User xxxxx on Server xxxxx has failed. The server can not be reached at this time.

Ping beetween the hosts is fine, nslookup also. The users in the NIS+ domain can log in and the home directories are mounted.
      Both servers is running Solaris 10 and have smc running.
      I have checked everything and cant find anything on why this errror accurs.

the only thing I found on Internet was this:
      http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-1-4351143-1
      But there are any solution for this.

I also tried adding an user with "smuser" command.
      Here is the error messages from that:

root@XXXX # /usr/sadm/bin/smuser add -D nisplus:/XXXX/xxx.xxx.xxx -H localhost -u root -- -F "Testing" -n testuser3 -c "Testing" -d /export/home/testuser3
      Authenticating as user: root

Type /? for help, pressing <enter> accepts the default denoted by [ ]
      Please enter a string value for: password ::
      Loading Tool: com.sun.admin.usermgr.cli.user.UserMgrCli from localhost
      Login to localhost as user root was successful.
      Download of com.sun.admin.usermgr.cli.user.UserMgrCli from localhost was successful.
      com.sun.admin.usermgr.common.WBEMClient.ClientProxyException: The management server cannot perform the operation requested.

If this problem persists, refer to the Log Viewer for additional information and contact your Sun Microsystems support provider.

The actual error reported was:
      User testuser3 was partially added to the system. See the error log for further details.
      at com.sun.admin.usermgr.common.WBEMClient.UserClientProxy.addUser(UserClientProxy.java:252)
      at com.sun.admin.usermgr.common.WbemServiceWrapper.addUser(WbemServiceWrapper.java:1137)
      at com.sun.admin.usermgr.common.cli.BaseUserMgrCli.addObject(BaseUserMgrCli.java:2603)
      at com.sun.admin.usermgr.common.cli.UMgrCliTool.doOperation(UMgrCliTool.java:307)
      at com.sun.admin.usermgr.common.cli.BaseUserMgrCli.runCommandLine(BaseUserMgrCli.java:240)
      at com.sun.management.viperimpl.console.tty.SMCTerminal.start(SMCTerminal.java:138)
      at com.sun.management.viperimpl.console.BaseConsoleOptionsManager.openConsole(BaseConsoleOptionsManager.java:747)
      at com.sun.management.viperimpl.console.BaseConsoleOptionsManager.redirectToConsole(BaseConsoleOptionsManager.java:660)
      at com.sun.management.viperimpl.console.BaseConsoleOptionsManager.launchConsole(BaseConsoleOptionsManager.java:176)
      at com.sun.management.viperimpl.console.BaseConsoleOptionsManager.main(BaseConsoleOptionsManager.java:873)
      The management server cannot perform the operation requested.

If this problem persists, refer to the Log Viewer for additional information and contact your Sun Microsystems support provider.

The actual error reported was:
      User testuser3 was partially added to the system. See the error log for further details.

Please can anyone help me on this?

Edited by: jOOc on Sep 20, 2010 1:51 PM