3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 20, 2004 11:08 AM by 807567 RSS

Solaris 10

Hi,

does anyone know what version of SMC will support Solaris 10? I see that SMC 3.0 works on Solaris 8, and SMC 3.5 works on Solaris 9, so I'm wondering if a new version of SMC will come out to work with Solaris 10.

We are currently using SMC 3.0 under Solaris 8 and are considering moving to Solaris 10 early next year.

Thanks.

Arutherford2
        • 1. Re: Solaris 10
          Hi,
          does anyone know what version of SMC will support
          Solaris 10?
          One of the benefits SunMC has over other tools is that its releases are synced to new Sun hardware and software. So yes there will be a new version for Solaris 10 (I'm guessing v3.5.2 in Dec/Jan timeframe?). I don't work for Sun, so I couldn't can't give you an exact version or timeframe.
          I see that SMC 3.0 works on Solaris 8,
          and SMC 3.5 works on Solaris 9, so I'm wondering if a
          new version of SMC will come out to work with Solaris
          SunMC 3.5.1 runs on the Solaris 10 betas now by putting a few symlinks in its CD images. Older versions may work as well.

Regards.

Note: I am an employee of Halcyon (www.HalcyonInc.com)
          • 2. Re: Solaris 10
            What did you do to make solaris 3.5.1 work on solaris 10?
            • 3. Re: Solaris 10
              What did you do to make solaris 3.5.1 work on solaris 10?
              I have a simple shell script that reaches into 3.5.1 disk1/disk2 install directories and makes a bunch of symlinks so es-inst will work on Solaris 10 SPARC (at least on build 63) then you need to make 3 more by hand so es-setup works. A similar mod will get an Agent to install/run on x86 Solaris 10 as well.

I don't want to post something unsupported (i.e. have everybody run it, break it, and call Sun support :) ) but if you're interested send me an email at Mike.Kirk@HalcyonInc.com and I'll attach it to a reply. I'm always interested to hear of companies running SunMC, as I think it's a great (and underappreciated) tool.

Regards,

Mike

Note: I am an employee of Halcyon (www.HalcyonInc.com)