1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 98 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2007 4:14 PM by 807567 Go to original post RSS
      • 45. Re: x86 Sol 10 06/06 Error when registering Solaris system, SWUP/Cacao
        tried CLI today, still works OK :-) No contract, no proxy. (test with GUI yesterday)

sconadm register -a -r /usr/lib/breg/data/RegistrationProfile.properties
        bash-3.00# sconadm register -a -r /usr/lib/breg/data/RegistrationProfile.properties
        sconadm is running
        Authenticating user ...
        finish registration!
        bash-3.00#

/etc/default/init
        # Lines of this file should be of the form VAR=value, where VAR is one of
        # TZ, LANG, CMASK, or any of the LC_* environment variables. value may
        # be enclosed in double quotes (") or single quotes (').
        #
        TZ=Europe/Stockholm
        CMASK=022
        #LC_COLLATE=sv_SE.ISO8859-15
        #LC_CTYPE=sv_SE.ISO8859-1
        #LC_MESSAGES=sv
        #LC_MONETARY=sv_SE.ISO8859-15
        #LC_NUMERIC=sv_SE.ISO8859-15
        #LC_TIME=sv_SE.ISO8859-15
        bash-3.00$

Part /var/cacao/instances/default/logs/cacao.0
        -------------------- snip ---------------------------
        <host.name>miranda</host.name>
        <operating.system>
        <version>5.10</version>
        <name>SunOS</name>
        </operating.system>
        <asset.id />
        <locale from="LC_ALL">C</locale> <=== This can't be localized for sucess
        <last.boot.time format="verbatim">Sat Jul 8 09:47:18 CEST 2006</last.boot.time>
        <memory.size units="MB">1023</memory.size>
        <model>X86 System</model>
        <public.key />
        <serial.number>84695258</serial.number>
        <subscription.key />
        • 46. Re: x86 Sol 10 06/06 Error when registering Solaris system, SWUP/Cacao
          Hello back,

I still have this problem!
          Please let me know, as soon as you have an other possible solution!
          Thanks in advance.
          • 47. Re: x86 Sol 10 06/06 Error when registering Solaris system, SWUP/Cacao
            Hi brosialnoror,

Can you post details of the error you are receiving so we can confirm its the same issue.
            • 48. Re: x86 Sol 10 06/06 Error when registering Solaris system, SWUP/Cacao
              Hello,
              I changed the entry of the "/etc/default/init" file

TZ=Europe/Zurich
              CMASK=022
              #LC_COLLATE=de_CH.UTF-8
              #LC_CTYPE=de_CH.UTF-8
              #LC_MESSAGES=de.UTF-8
              #LC_MONETARY=de_CH.UTF-8
              #LC_NUMERIC=de_CH.UTF-8
              #LC_TIME=de_CH.UTF-8

after rebooting, I tryed to register wit the command line tool "sconadm":
              # sconadm register -a -r /usr/lib/breg/data/RegistrationProfile.properties
              sconadm is running
              Authenticating user ...
              getLocalHostNames() - UnknownHostExceptionjava.net.UnknownHostException: home.homeland: home.homeland
              failed registration!
              #

after that I tryed to register with the "updatemanager"

"Error in SWUP/Cacao Register System"

If you need more information, please let me know.
              Thanks in advance.
              • 49. Re: x86 Sol 10 06/06 Error when registering Solaris system, SWUP/Cacao
                Can you try the following steps:

1. Stop the cacao container by executing : cacaoadm stop
                2. rm /var/scn/persistence/SCN*
                3. /usr/lib/cc-cfw/framework/lib/cc-client-adm stop
                4. /usr/lib/cc-cfw/framework/lib/cc-client-adm disable
                5. /usr/lib/cc-ccr/bin/eraseCCRRepository
                6. cacaoadm start

Then try registering again.
                • 50. Re: x86 Sol 10 06/06 Error when registering Solaris system, SWUP/Cacao
                  I did this steps as you suggested.
                  Unfortunately it did not work, I got the same errors.
                  • 51. Re: x86 Sol 10 06/06 Error when registering Solaris system, SWUP/Cacao
                    In that case please log a support call with Sun support so that your issue can be investigated further and escalated if required.
                    • 53. Re: x86 Sol 10 06/06 Error when registering Solaris system, SWUP/Cacao
                      Anyone got a fix for this yet? I am having the same problem on my fresh Sparc 10 update 2 machine.
                      • 54. Re: x86 Sol 10 06/06 Error when registering Solaris system, SWUP/Cacao
                        We do not have a fix at the moment except the steps given earlier which unfortunately don't appear to resolve the issue in all cases, though will work for some users. There are currently several support calls in progress and once they are resolved we will update this forum with the solution.
                        • 55. Re: x86 Sol 10 06/06 Error when registering Solaris system, SWUP/Cacao
                          I'm having the same problem with this. A newly installed Solaris 10 06/06 system. The only thing I have done prior to trying to register my system is to set the dhcp hostname and remove sendmail.

Despite numerous attempts, its still failing to register.

Can anyone from Sun provide an update on this issue, and is there a way for me to get my Subscription ID checked to make sure it hasn't somehow gotten locked or something ?

Regards.
                          • 56. Re: x86 Sol 10 06/06 Error when registering Solaris system, SWUP/Cacao
                            Hi,

Some customers have reported that reverting to an account id (for the Sun Online Account) which contains only lowercase characters has resolved this problem.

If convenient please attempt to create a new Sun Online Account with only lowercase characters and try again. It would be helpful if you were to post results here , thanks.

If failing , please provide us with a grep'ed output of /var/adm/messages for cacao, thank-you.
                            • 57. Re: x86 Sol 10 06/06 Error when registering Solaris system, SWUP/Cacao
                              I've done as you requested (created a new account, all lower case), and still no dice.

Now, when I try to register with either account, it gets to the last step where I specify to manage updates locally or use remote update management and then click on finish.

It then sits for around 3 minutes with a box saying 'Storing System Information' before telling me I am not connected to the net. Of course I am, as Im sending this message from the machine at the same time.

It looks like its not getting an answer from the registration server.

Anyway, the output you requested from /var/adm/messages:

Jul 21 11:24:26 Solaris cacao[1032]: [ID 702911 daemon.warning] com.sun.scn.jmx.impl.AbstractComponent.log : SCNClientConfigImpl.activate("Register the Solaris software without choosing an update option") -- module unlocked
                              Jul 21 11:24:28 Solaris cacao[1032]: [ID 702911 daemon.warning] com.sun.scn.jmx.impl.AbstractComponent.log : SCNClientConfigImpl.deactivate("Register the Solaris software without choosing an update option") -- module locked
                              Jul 21 11:24:53 Solaris cacao[1032]: [ID 702911 daemon.warning] com.sun.scn.jmx.impl.AbstractComponent.log : SCNClientConfigImpl.activate("Use Sun Update Manager and Sun Update Connection to manage updates") -- module unlocked
                              Jul 21 11:27:05 Solaris cacao[1032]: [ID 702911 daemon.warning] com.sun.scn.service.BaseServiceClient.dumpThrowable : XYXYXY
                              Jul 21 11:27:05 Solaris java.rmi.RemoteException: HTTP transport error: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset; nested exception is:
                              Jul 21 11:27:05 Solaris      HTTP transport error: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
                              Jul 21 11:27:05 Solaris      at com.sun.scn.offering.service.ams.AssetMgmtServiceIF_Stub.registerAsset(AssetMgmtServiceIF_Stub.java:234)
                              Jul 21 11:27:05 Solaris      at com.sun.scn.offering.prom.AssetManagementServiceProvider.registerAsset(AssetManagementServiceProvider.java:154)
                              Jul 21 11:27:05 Solaris      at com.sun.scn.offering.swupom.SWUPOfferingInstance.register(SWUPOfferingInstance.java:500)
                              Jul 21 11:27:05 Solaris      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                              Jul 21 11:27:05 Solaris      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                              Jul 21 11:27:05 Solaris      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                              Jul 21 11:27:05 Solaris      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
                              Jul 21 11:27:05 Solaris      at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMetaDataImpl.invoke(StandardMetaDataImpl.java:414)
                              Jul 21 11:27:05 Solaris      at javax.management.Sta
                              Jul 21 11:27:27 Solaris cacao[1032]: [ID 702911 daemon.warning] com.sun.scn.jmx.impl.AbstractComponent.log : SCNClientConfigImpl.deactivate("Use Sun Update Manager and Sun Update Connection to manage updates") -- module locked

Would the fact I am using 'Solaris' as a hostname have anything to do with it ? I have assumed not, as I've previously registered using this hostname, and it worked absolutely fine.

Regards.
                              • 58. Re: x86 Sol 10 06/06 Error when registering Solaris system, SWUP/Cacao
                                I got the "not connected" message one day, the day after I succeded. That must be due to some overload or fault at the receiving servers.

The first cacao-error I got was quick in respond after that the systeminformation has been shown.

Try again later
                                • 59. Re: x86 Sol 10 06/06 Error when registering Solaris system, SWUP/Cacao
                                  Well thanks Gunnar, but waiting until Suns Registration server may or may not decide to let me register correctly isn't really the answer.

I have tried again this afternoon, now its back to the original problem ie. the error message described by the OP.

I've been patiently testing and re-installing Solaris now for some time, working out the show stoppers to me using it as a new desktop OS, following the bugs and changes, doing the trials on behalf of Sun etc etc.

Now I'm ready to finally make the shift, having paid for an update manager subscription, and I find I cant get past the starting blocks.

And to be honest, it makes absolutely no sense at all, carrying on any further with the installation until this issue is resolved, as I dont wish to work with an unpatched system.

Solaris has come such a long way in the last couple of years, and it seems a shame to see something like this, which has generally worked well in the past, to let it down now.

If there is any further information I can supply which may help, I'm all ears!!

:)