1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 98 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2009 8:11 AM by 807567 Go to original post RSS
      • 90. Re: x86 Sol 10 06/06 Error when registering Solaris system, SWUP/Cacao
        Hello all,
        I had Solaris working and downloaded patches.. Reloaded shortly after because I wanted to change to a dual boot configuration. Now I get the error: error in scn/cacao license. I can't seem to find any thing on it except for this thread and nothing here seems to help.
        Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this problem and how they are handling it.

Thanks for your time
        • 91. Re: x86 Sol 10 06/06 Error when registering Solaris system, SWUP/Cacao
          What is the exact error message you get and when does it occur? Please try and outline the steps to reproduce it.

It may also help if you post some info about the setup you have to (ie. release of Solaris, hardware, etc...). Have a look through this thread for examples.
          • 92. Re: x86 Sol 10 06/06 Error when registering Solaris system, SWUP/Cacao
            Hi,

I had the same registering error and I solved the problem by placing the values in quatation marks.

Example /etc/default/init file: (working for me)

TZ="Europe/Turkey"
            CMASK=022
            LANG="C"

Also I think that comments have nothing to do with the solving of the problem. I commented some values in my /etc/default/init file before but nothing has changed. The problem may occur from other remaning values like TZ.

Example /etc/default/init file (not working before quotes also commented):

TZ=Europe/Turkey
            CMASK=022
            #LANG=C
            #LC_CTYPE="C"
            #LC_NUMERIC="C"
            #LC_TIME="C"
            #LC_COLLATE="C"
            #LC_MONETARY="C"
            #LC_MESSAGES="C"
            #LC_ALL=C

After some try, I quoted the TZ value of Europe/Turkey and solved the problem.
            Also I didn't rebooted the solaris or closed the registry wizard. I also didn't restarted the cacao license deamon stuff. I just pressed the ok button of the error dialog leaving the wizard still open, edited the /etc/default/init file and pressed the next button of the remaining registry wizard.

Best Regards,
            • 93. Re: x86 Sol 10 06/06 Error when registering Solaris system, SWUP/Cacao
              i was getting in /var/adm/messages

Jul 3 18:30:00 moon cacao[3674]: [ID 702911 daemon.warning] com.sun.scn.jmx.impl.AbstractComponent.log : SCNClientConfigImpl.activate("com.sun.scn.offering.SoftwareUpdate") -- failed, no such module

and after this advice , registration went fine. thanks a lot!
              Apologies I mis-read the earlier reply.

Cna you try the following -

1. stop cacao (command is "cacaoadm stop")
              2. remove the files in /var/scn/persistence
              3. then retry registration
              • 94. Re: x86 Sol 10 06/06 Error when registering Solaris system, SWUP/Cacao
                I know this thread is pretty old, but I've just had similar issues with Solaris 10 10/08, so I'm making a comment here.

When I first installed update 6 I was able to register fine and download patches. Then I did a sys-unconfig because I needed to change the hostname and all the network settings. After the reboot I couldn't register with a "error in SCN/Cacao update license" message.

None of the suggestions here worked, the GUI registration kept failing. Finally I tried a command line registration with sconadm and it worked fine. guess i should have tried that first...
                • 95. Re: x86 Sol 10 06/06 Error when registering Solaris system, SWUP/Cacao
                  Thanks MCplusplus, it was in help
                  • 96. Re: x86 Sol 10 06/06 Error when registering Solaris system, SWUP/Cacao
                    never mind

Edited by: Where_s_the_manual2 on Apr 9, 2009 4:49 AM
                    • 97. Re: x86 Sol 10 06/06 Error when registering Solaris system, SWUP/Cacao
                      this issue drove me batshit insane all afternoon until i found this page:

http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-9-82688-1

just follow the command line instructions (creating a new basic reg file) and run the command as so and it will register the system with no problems.
                      • 98. Re: x86 Sol 10 06/06 Error when registering Solaris system, SWUP/Cacao
                        I'm having the same problem so I tired every other suggestion that has been posted so I tried the last one on the post as well and here is what I received.

# /usr/lib/cc-ccr/bin/eraseCCRRepository
                        # updatemanager
                        Java Accessibility Bridge for GNOME loaded.

../gtk-2.0-key/gtkrc:10: Binding specification is unsupported, ignoring
                        ../gtk-2.0-key/gtkrc:18: Binding specification is unsupported, ignoring
                        ../gtk-2.0-key/gtkrc:29: Binding specification is unsupported, ignoring
                        ../gtk-2.0-key/gtkrc:31: Binding assignment is unsupported, ignoring
                        ../gtk-2.0-key/gtkrc:32: Binding assignment is unsupported, ignoring
                        ../gtk-2.0-key/gtkrc:33: Binding assignment is unsupported, ignoring
                        ../gtk-2.0-key/gtkrc:34: Binding assignment is unsupported, ignoring
                        Caught Exception when trying to set Look and Feel: ExceptionInInitializerError

No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this program performed an operation which requires it.

Updatemanger had been opening just fine until the last eraseCCRRepository command.

Larry Brown
                        1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next