2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2009 5:45 PM by 794353 RSS

On solaris 8, I was installing RM6221 when I found that it modified the following file,

bash-2.03# cat /kernel/drv/rdriver.conf
      name="rdriver" target=1 parent="/pseudo/rdnexus@0" probe=1 qtime=;

# Copyright (c) 1996, Symbios Logic Inc.
      name="rdriver" parent="pseudo" instance=0;
      Could anyone please tell me what was the purpose of contents in original file and why RM6221 removed that and put its own contents there?

After sometime I removed RM6221 at which time pkgrm took away /kernel/drv/rdrivers.conf

My concern is was the original file being used by system? how to find that out and if required I need to create this missing rdriver.conf again?

Any idea?
        • 1. Re: rdriver.conf
          Drivers on the system look for their configuration files in paths (which include /kernel/drv) and filename <driver>.conf. So that file isn't going to be used by anything other than the rdriver driver. I don't think you would use that driver except with a few hardware pieces (like the A35xx array). RM includes the rdriver components.

The details of the file govern how the driver creates nodes in the device tree. I do a lot of storage work, and I've never bothered to investigate the details for this file. I wouldn't worry about it.

• 2. Re: rdriver.conf
            You are 101% right, I rebooted the system w/o that file and it came up fine.

Thank you!