2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2008 12:24 PM by 807567 RSS

Scriptran utility

Currently researching application migration from HP-UX 11 to Solaris 9.
      understand that there is a utility scriptran used for scanning shell scripts to "reports any compatibility issues caused by
      differences between HP-UX and the Solaris Operating System" - as per Sun documentation. Does anyone know the location this script is ?. I do nnot seem to see this installed anywhere on the Sun box.
        • 1. Re: Scriptran utility
          We are trying to migrate from Linux to Solaris 10 and I found scriptran here:
          http://developers.sun.com/prodtech/solaris/downloads/lincat/lincat_3.html#guide

However, I cannot get it to run as it keeps complaining about the issues database not found. I am running it on a Solaris box and have turned verbose on. The database it is looking for is there in the PATH. Don't see a HP-UX DB there though. Just a Linux one.
          • 2. Re: Scriptran utility
            Does anyone have a solution to the "issues database not found" ?

I am having the same problem.

$ echo $PATH
            /usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/opt/java142:/usr/local/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/opt/SUNWlxcp/Databases:/opt/SUNWlxcp/bin:/opt/SUNWlxcp/share
            $ scriptran --verbose
            verbose mode is on
            VERBOSE: Looking for database 'scriptran-linux-lsb.db'
            Failed to find database, directory containing databases should be in PATH.
            $ which scriptran-linux-lsb.db
            /opt/SUNWlxcp/share/scriptran-linux-lsb.db
            $