1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 12, 2006 2:51 PM by user4994457 RSS

[Q] Where are located some configuration files on SUN OS ?

All..

I am good at HP-UX. And usually, most configuration files on HP-UX are located at /etc/rc.config.d folder, such as namesrv, netconf, etc.

However, I don't know where these configuration files are located on SUN UNIX.

I know there is no equivalent configuration files between SUN and HPUX.

So, please let me know what file is containing name service information (NIS server ip or hostname) and where it is ?

Additionally, if you know, please let me know the equivalent files namesrvs,netconf,nfsconf of HPUX on SUN OS.
        • 1. Re: [Q] Where are located some configuration files on SUN OS ?
          user4994457
          All..

I am good at HP-UX. And usually, most configuration
          files on HP-UX are located at /etc/rc.config.d
          folder, such as namesrv, netconf, etc.

However, I don't know where these configuration files
          are located on SUN UNIX.

I know there is no equivalent configuration files
          between SUN and HPUX.
          Not 100%, but there are certainly some general equivalences. I would recommend the rosetta stone page if you're comfortable with one unix but just want some pointers for another system.

http://bhami.com/rosetta.html
          So, please let me know what file is containing name
          service information (NIS server ip or hostname) and
          where it is ?
          If you just want to change a client, it might be easiest to run 'domainname <domain>' to set the domain, populate /etc/defaultdomain with the domain and run 'ypinit -c'. That will modify /etc/nsswitch.conf to include 'nis' on several lines and will put any servers you list in /var/yp/binding/<domain>/ypservers. See also the 'ypinit' man page.
          Additionally, if you know, please let me know the
          equivalent files namesrvs,netconf,nfsconf of HPUX on
          SUN OS.
          Try that page and poking around and see if you find it. Ask here if there's anything in particular that you can't find.

--
          Darren