2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2010 1:53 PM by 807573 RSS

Sun Role Manager 5.0.3 with Oracle Identity Warehouse

Has anyone ever deployed Sun Role Manager 5.0.3 with Oracle XE (Express Edition) as a backend? The Schema seems to have imported just fine, but after deploying the WAR, I'm getting an error message where it can't open a connection to the database. The address is correct, it's just @localhost:1521:rbacx. I also punched in 127.0.0.1, just to try, but didn't have any luck.

I'm using Oracle XE 10G and I have also placed the ojdbc.jar file in the WEB-INF/lib as well.

Error message is:

java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!

jdbc.properties connection string:

jdbc.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:rbacx

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Sun Role Manager 5.0.3 with Oracle Identity Warehouse
          What is your webcontainer?
          What version JDK is the webcontainer running (JDK 1.6/1.5)?

I suspect the issue you are facing is due to a driver mismatch. If you are running on JDK 1.5 you will need the ojdbc5.jar

HTH
          _raju                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
          • 2. Re: Sun Role Manager 5.0.3 with Oracle Identity Warehouse
            Thanks for the response. That might have very well been the case as I was using ojdbc14 and I am starting the container from version 1.6 of the JDK.

In either case, the issue is now moot... my main goal right now is to get into application and start using the functionality in a local install, so I flipped it over to MySQL and it starts up quite well. I'm running into another issue, but since it is related to MySQL and not pertinent to this thread's subject, I will psot a new thread.

Thanks for your suggestion!

-AJ