2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2006 4:07 PM by 807573 RSS

Error : MDSConfig failed to acquire write lock??

Hi,

Changes that I know used to flow, don't flow anymore, and I was suspecting something was wrong with the changelog followup.
      I guess I was right, cause I see this in the meta-.xxx.log:
      MDSConfig failed to acquire write lock 'MDS_E_FAILED_TO_ACQUIRE_WRITE_LOCK' (80042212), wlock=(fe3f1c40), rlock
      =(fe3f1c10), readlocks=4, writelockstate=0

No mention in the admin guide obvioiusly.
      Anyone knows what this might mean? The config is on a dedicated DS instance, and no errors found there.
      MDS = 5.0SP1
      DS = 5.1SP1
      Thanks,
      Wim
        • 1. Re: Error : MDSConfig failed to acquire write lock??
          i sometimes see such messages on startup

normally they go away a few minutes later.

another solution is to stop everything (meta directory processes, and the LDAP's containing the MV and the NetscapeRoot), then start only the LDAP's, wait a few minutes, start the join-engine,

it seems some objects in the ldap still/already have a write lock on them (myabe from a previous connection), when the join-engine tries to write to them
          • 2. Re: Error : MDSConfig failed to acquire write lock??
            Did u find any solution for this. We are facing the same issue in our system we are running sun directory server 5.2 patch 3 & Critical path meta directory. Our server configuration is stored in sun directory & when it tries to retirve the data from the configuration directory we get this error.

Regards
            Raj