This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2009 5:42 AM by 807574 RSS

Portal 7: Creating a new portal site based on one of the samples

807574 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi guys,
I followed this article (
http://blogs.sun.com/jimfaut/entry/portal_7_creating_a_new ) to set up a new portal site like Enterprise sample

But when I log in the new site with new account , it always says "Login Unsucessful" .But If I use the accounts of old Enterprise Sample site such as : mary, chris, ed , the login is successful .
It seems the new site use the login page of the old site .
I don't know why . May you teach me to fix this strange bug ?

Best Regards,
Il2fsomuch

Edited by: milf on Mar 6, 2008 6:03 PM
  • 1. Re: Portal 7: Creating a new portal site based on one of the samples
    807574 Newbie
    The login channel uses a template file with the organization name hardcoded in the URL. This file is:

/var/opt/SUNWportal/portals/portal1/desktop/enterprise_sample/Login/display.template

Where enterprise_sample is the name of your desktop type. The blog's name is new_enterprise_sample.

Edit this file and replace all instances of "org=EnterpriseSample" with the name of the organization you created for the new sample. The blog's name for this is newEnterpriseOrgYouCreated, so the string that replaces it should be "org=newEnterpriseOrgYouCreated".
  • 2. Re: Portal 7: Creating a new portal site based on one of the samples
    807574 Newbie
    Hi Sorensen,
    Thank for your instruction,
    But I can't find any "login" folder under enterprise_sample folder .
    Could you confirm the location of "display.template" file again ?
    I'm currently working on Sun Portal Server 7.1 , Linux version.

Regards,
    milf

Edited by: milf on Mar 12, 2008 1:57 AM
  • 3. Re: Portal 7: Creating a new portal site based on one of the samples
    807574 Newbie
    /var/opt/sun/portal/portals/portal1/desktop/enterprise_sample/ASCTabContainerProvider/anonymous.jsp
    <form action="<dtpc:getLoginURL/>?org=EnterpriseSample&goto=<dtpc:getDesktopURL/>" target="_parent" method="POST" name="loginForm" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" onsubmit="return loginFormValid();">

<dtpc:getLoginURL/>?org=EnterpriseSample&goto=<dtpc:getDesktopURL/> will generate an url like "http://portal.example.com/amserver?org=EnterpriseSample&goto=/portal/dt".

The parameter "org=EnterpriseSample" tells Access Manage to authenticate the user in EnterpriseSample organization.
  • 4. Re: Portal 7: Creating a new portal site based on one of the samples
    807574 Newbie
    Hi Jackychu,
    I modified the anonymous.jsp file like your instruction , changing org=EnterpriseSample to org=new_Organization . But I can't still login the new portal site with accounts of new_Organization.
    It seems we need to modify somewhere else so that the new site could work properly .
    I think maybe the author of the article , Jim Faut , should know the exact way to make his sample work .
    Are there any Sun guys , portal gurus , Jim Faut could help me to sovle this problem ?

Regards,
    milf
  • 5. Re: Portal 7: Creating a new portal site based on one of the samples
    807574 Newbie
    My apologies, my fix was for using a custom login channel for the anonymous enterprise desktop as used in portal 7.2. Since editing the login url in ASCTabContainerProvider/anonymous.jsp didn't work, verify that you can log in your new users from /amconsole. After the login succeeds, enter /portal in the url and see if they get the correct portal desktop. Should that work, doublecheck the edits to the login URL. I've been able to edit that file to allow only the developer sample user to login by changing the org= parameter.
  • 6. Re: Portal 7: Creating a new portal site based on one of the samples
    807574 Newbie
    The easiest way to achieve this is to use a separate FQDN for the new portal and assign this FQDN to the DNS/org aliases of the corresponding org in AM - in that org change the LDAP auth-module to point to the correct start DN.

-Bernhard
  • 7. Re: Portal 7: Creating a new portal site based on one of the samples
    807574 Newbie
    I know this is an old post but I have added to Jim Fauts article how to do this, see below:

Seeing that alot of people are facing the same problem regarding new user being unable to authenticate against the new Portal, I did a bit of digging up and managed to get it to work. See the steps I followed below, but first follow Jim's example above then after follow the example below:

After configuring the roles and loading display profile change the following settings, so that the new user's you create can authenticate.

I did the following to get my new users to authenticate:

On Solaris I opened the following file: /var/opt/SUNWportal/portals/csonline/desktop/csonline/Login/display.template
    I changed all occurrences of org=EnterpriseSample to my new organization o=fiction

I also changed the Organization display profile document, replaced every occurrence of o=EnterpriseSample with the name of my organization fiction, in this case I replaced all values that are o=EnterpriseSample,dc=test,dc=co,dc=za
    With o=fiction,dc=test,dc=co,dc=za

After configuration you might get a module denied error “Authentication Module Denied”
    Depending on which module you are using, in my case I am using LDAP so I also changed all occurrences of Membership to LDAP inside the display.template file.

After the above changes restart your web container container for the changes to take place and Bob’s your uncle.

That’s it. Its alive !!!

Hope this helps