12 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2009 8:06 AM by 807574 RSS

cannot reach the /portal page

Hello all,

I have Webserver 6 and Access Manager 7 installed from JES 2005Q4.
      Both are working great.

When I installed the portal (with a sample portal), I can not reach the desktop page.

When I put this in the URL : <fqdn>:<port>/portal
      I get:
      ------------------------------
      Not Found
      The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it.

I looked in the webserver error logs, and found this:
      -----------------------------
      [21/Dec/2006:15:16:08] warning (18497): for host 192.168.1.4 trying to GET /portal, send-file reports: HTTP4142: can't find /opt/SUNWwbsvr/docs/portal (File not found)
      [21/Dec/2006:16:38:37] warning (18497): for host 192.168.1.4 trying to GET /dt, send-file reports: HTTP4142: can't find /opt/SUNWwbsvr/docs/dt (File not found)
      -------------------------------

I looked in /opt/SUNWwbsvr/docs and indeed the files are not there.

What's missing? how can I correct this?

After installing the portal, what should I do? is there any start command or so?
      I ran the deploy command, but I still get the same error...

thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: cannot reach the /portal page
          and, if you reboot your web server, what's the display ?

/etc/init.d/webserver01 restart
          • 2. Re: cannot reach the /portal page
            It looks like the portal webapps were not deployed on WS6 since you are unable to access the webapp. Please look in the portal config logs for errors during deployment
            • 3. Re: cannot reach the /portal page
              Restarting the webserver is successful:
              --------------------------------------
              ./stop;./start
              server has been shutdown
              Sun ONE Web Server 6.1SP5 B06/23/2005 17:36
              info: CORE3016: daemon is running as super-user
              info: CORE5076: Using [Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM, Version 1.5.0_04] from [Sun M
              icrosystems Inc.]
              info: WEB0100: Loading web module in virtual server [https-xx.xxx.com] at [
              /amserver]
              warning: WEB6100: locale-charset-info is deprecated, please use parameter-encoding
              info: WEB0100: Loading web module in virtual server [https-xx.xxx.com] at [ampassword]
              warning: WEB6100: locale-charset-info is deprecated, please use parameter-encoding
              info: WEB0100: Loading web module in virtual server [https-xx.xxx.com] at [amcommon]
              info: WEB0100: Loading web module in virtual server [https-xx.xxx.com] at [amconsole]
              info: WEB0100: Loading web module in virtual server [https-FQDN] at [
              /search]

info: HTTP3072: [LS ls1] http://xx.xxxx.com:90 ready to accept requests
              startup: server started successfully
              ----------------------------------------

Which files for the config logs do you exactly need?
              • 4. Re: cannot reach the /portal page
                hi guys,
                I uninstalled/reinstalled...

Now I can see this in the webserver logs when I try the /portal/dt page:

-----------------------
                [26/Dec/2006:16:32:47] failure (22430): for host 192.168.10.194 trying to GET /portal/dt, service-j2ee reports: StandardWrapperValve[desktopServlet]: WEB2792: Servlet.service() for servlet desktopServlet threw exception
                javax.servlet.ServletException: WEB2664: Servlet execution threw an exception
                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invokeServletService(StandardWrapperValve.java:793)
                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:322)
                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:509)
                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:212)
                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:209)
                at com.iplanet.ias.web.connector.nsapi.NSAPIProcessor.process(NSAPIProcessor.java:161)
                at com.iplanet.ias.web.WebContainer.service(WebContainer.java:580)
                ----- Root Cause -----
                com.sun.portal.desktop.context.ContextError: PSDesktopAppContext.getPerfContext(): not initialized
                at com.sun.portal.desktop.context.PSDesktopAppContext.getPerfContext(PSDesktopAppContext.java:116)
                at com.sun.portal.desktop.context.PSDesktopAppContext.perfError(PSDesktopAppContext.java:1001)
                at com.sun.portal.desktop.DesktopServlet.service(DesktopServlet.java:340)
                at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:908)
                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invokeServletService(StandardWrapperValve.java:771)
                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:322)
                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:212)
                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:209)
                at com.iplanet.ias.web.connector.nsapi.NSAPIProcessor.process(NSAPIProcessor.java:161)
                at com.iplanet.ias.web.WebContainer.service(WebContainer.java:580)

Any Ideas ?
                • 5. Re: cannot reach the /portal page
                  come on guys, please someone help me out...
                  • 6. Re: cannot reach the /portal page
                    Looks like machine was not completely cleaned before re-installing. Please do the following after running the uninstaller.

1) Make sure that all JES packages are removed.
                    You can use pkginfo to search for JES related packages
                    2) Kill all the JES related processes. Use 'ps -aef'
                    3) Remove all the install directories for PS,AM,DS and Webcontainer. Use rm -rf <dir>

After that invoke the installer and start again. Make sure that webserver runtime user id is root and not webservd.
                    • 7. Re: cannot reach the /portal page
                      Thanks for the reply.
                      AM is working fine, I really do not want to reinstall JES all over... if reinstalling the portal only is enough... then it would be great.

AM is working fine as I said, the webserver user was installed as root and not webservd (otherwise AM would not have worked).

Would you please guide me through the complete steps to completely uninstall/reinstall the portal.

-* pkginfo | grep -i portal and then remove all packages.
                      -* rm -rf /etc/opt/SUNWps; /var/opt/SUNWps and /opt/SUNWps ... anything elsE?

Thanks
                      • 8. Re: cannot reach the /portal page
                        If you want to uninstall only portal and reinstall , then do the below steps

1) Invoke uninstaller from /var/sadm/prod/SUNWentsys4 and uninstall
                        2) During the uninstall there is a screen which has a checkbox saying "Remove portal related data from Directory Server". Dont forget to check that.
                        3) After that remove any portal related package if present .
                        pkginfo | grep -i portal
                        4) Remove directories /etc/opt/SUNWps, /var/opt/SUNWps , /opt/SUNWps
                        5) Invoke installer and instal portal again . Make sure that one can access Access Manager in the browser before doing this. Also the webserver admin server should be up.
                        • 9. Re: cannot reach the /portal page
                          thanks, I will try it and post the results.

Any extra packages I should be removing?
                          or are the only appearing in (pkginfo | grep -i portal) enough?
                          • 10. Re: cannot reach the /portal page
                            Yes, removing only portal packages in enough.
                            • 11. Re: cannot reach the /portal page
                              HI
                              I am also facing similar type of problem but not able to solve this. I am trying to deploy the war in sun one 6.1. The first page is dispalyed properly but when I navigate to next page, the following error message appeared:

[20/May/2009:15:09:21] failure ( 4004): for host 127.0.0.1 trying to POST /Index, service-j2ee reports: StandardWrapperValve[Index]: WEB2792: Servlet.service() for servlet Index threw exception
                              javax.servlet.ServletException: WEB2664: Servlet execution threw an exception
                                   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invokeServletService(StandardWrapperValve.java:793)
                                   at com.iplanet.ias.web.WebContainer.service(WebContainer.java:586)
                              ----- Root Cause -----
                              java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:
                                   Syntax error on token "1.00", * expected

at gecf.vPayment.screens.servlet.FSUInteractionServlet.doPost(FSUInteractionServlet.java:52)
                                   at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:807)
                                   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:770)
                                   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:471)
                                   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:382)
                                   at gecf.vPayment.screens.common.PageDispatcher.redirectPage(PageDispatcher.java:29)
                                   at gecf.vPayment.screens.servlet.GatewayForDefault.doPost(GatewayForDefault.java:568)
                                   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:770)
                                   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:471)
                                   at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:382)
                                   at gecf.vPayment.screens.common.PageDispatcher.redirectPage(PageDispatcher.java:29)
                                   at gecf.vPayment.screens.servlet.Enter.doPost(Enter.java:40)
                                   at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invokeServletService(StandardWrapperValve.java:771)
                                   at com.iplanet.ias.web.WebContainer.service(WebContainer.java:586)

Please can anyone help me out?
                              Its very urgent.
                              • 12. Re: cannot reach the /portal page
                                Hi ,
                                I resolved my precious problem. In string varaiable, while setting value to 'var="1.0"' , I did not use escape sequeance to have double quotes in string. But after changing this I was getting same problem with different root cause, so I removed the distributable varaiable from my web.xml as suggesed in previous mail chain.

Now its working fine.
                                Thanks