3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2008 3:49 AM by 807574 RSS

psconsole not found when accessing through browser, cacoa not starting

Hi

I'm new to sun access manager/ portal server. I have installed version 6 on Win XP
      amconsole and portal/dt work and i'm also able to login using amAdmin user.

However, i'm unable to access psconsole through the browser. i.e http://localhost/psconsole gives the following error:
      Not Found
      The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it.
      Also, the Cacoa monitoring server is unable to start up from the windows services and throws an error "Terminated unexpectedly"

Kindly help

Edited by: peter_dmello on Aug 5, 2008 10:50 PM

As i have found out, in this forum http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?forumID=885&threadID=5149420 (Sun Java System Portal Server 7 - JES 5 doesn't install psconsole) it is said that psconsole.war has to be deployed separately (either in web or app server). Additionally, psadmin.exe or .bat is not found on my system. So i'm assuming that psadmin comes with psconsole.war.

Could someone tell me where to download psconsole.war?
      A little help would be great : )
        • 1. Re: psconsole not found when accessing through browser, cacoa not starting
          I have no idea how it works on windows, but on Solaris, the "psadmin"-binary is not included in psconsole.war.
          Instead, it is part of package "SUNWportal-admin".

In my environment, the psconsole.war is located at

./portal-7.2-solaris-sparc/portal-7.2/PS7.2_Solaris_sparc/Product/Portal/UNIX/SOLARIS/SPARC/5.9/Packages/SUNWportal-admin/reloc/SUNWportal/admin/psconsole.war

in the distribution archive. Maybe, you can locate an equivalent directory on windows and grab the WAR-file
          from there.
          But I don't had to deploy it manually: this is done automatically when creating a new portal.

And one final note: PS V6 doesn't include neither cacao nor psconsole.
          Cacao is simply not needed; instead of psconsole, the Access Manager Console at /amconsole is used.
          • 2. Re: psconsole not found when accessing through browser, cacoa not starting
            Thank you for your reply... sorry for not replying earlier... i had given up hopes : )

You are right about psadmin binary not being in psconsole.war.. maybe since it is portal server 6, it is some other executable.

When i asked the person who had given me the setup about psconsole not being available, he said that psconsole was working on his machine. He is not a technical guy and had not installed SJS 6 by himself. So he could not help me with this problem. It could be that the the psconsole.war file was missing from the installation.
            I searched for the war files in both the installed directory as well as in the setup files and could not find it. : (

Anyway, i un-installed SJS 6 2004Q2 using the setup.exe (in windows) and while uninstalling it showed a window saying "psonsole was not found while accessing through the browser. Retry| Ignore| Exit". Also, the un-installation successfully removed all the services required for starting components like directory server, web server, calender server, (cacao also), etc...

I've downloaded Portal server 7.2. Let's see how that turns out... Thanks anyways...
            • 3. Re: psconsole not found when accessing through browser, cacoa not starting
              I installed Portal server 7.2. It works fine and 'psconsole.war' was included in the distribution and was auto deployed during installation.

I suppose the setup of portal server 6 i had was faulty and hence there was so much problem.
              Thanks for your help