4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2007 10:44 AM by 807574 RSS

Portal Server login Problem

Hi all,

I have installed Portal Server 2005Q4. The installation went on fine. I am able to login as the amamdin user into the Portal page. But I am not able to login as any other users under the sub-organizations. I have created Portal Servervices for those users but still the same problem. When I enter the user name and password of an user under a sub-organization it gives a error saying,

**"An error has occured due to a mis-configuration.**

**Contact the System Administrator"**

It would be nice if someone could throw some light on this.

Thanks in Advance.
        • 1. Re: Portal Server login Problem
          Please check the service properties for the PortalDesktopService at the SubOrganization and User level. The properties for DefaultContainer and DesktopType should match the values you have at the root level. You may also be prompted to create a service template for the desktop service. Just click yes if prompted in the amconsole.

- Jim
          • 2. Re: Portal Server login Problem
            Hi,

Thanks for the response.

The problem is when I created the sub-organization, the display profile for that sub-organization is empty. How many ever sub-organization I create the display profile is empty. The display profile for the Organization that is the root suffix appears when I view it using the Edit tab on the Portal Server Configuration under Service Configuration.

Also when I create a user under the root suffix, that user's display profile also is empty. I am not sure why this behavior. Please let me know if there is any way to get this working.

Thanks.
            • 3. Re: Portal Server login Problem
              What you are describing is the expected behavior. The display profile does not get populated automatically. You can create a display profile for you sub organization, or you can change the COS Priority to HIGHER. This will allow your sub organization to have a lower priority than the root suffix, hence your users in the root suffix will use the dp from the root.

- Jim
              • 4. Re: Portal Server login Problem
                Hi,

But doesnt the Sub-Organizations inherit the properties of the Organizations. But is there any procedure to create or modify the existing Sub-Organization display profile. Please let me know if there is any document showing the procedure for this.

Thanks in Advance.