This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2007 1:06 AM by 807574 RSS

Upload file in portal server

807574 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

I've tried and user Oreilly package to upload file in the web server, it's working fine under Tomcat, Websphere. However, it doesn't work inside Sun ONE Portal 6.0 which runs on Sun ONE Webserver.

Anyone has successfully done this, please help. I need it urgently, thanks.

Tim
  • 1. Re: Upload file in portal server
    807574 Newbie
    What means "it doesn't work"?

Do you have an error message or
    portal desktop just breaks with
    "Oreilly package works fine with Tomcat and Websphere"?!

Do you use SRAP(gateway) or "open mode"?
    How did you bind this package into the portal?

Cheers,
    Alex :-)
  • 2. Re: Upload file in portal server
    807574 Newbie
    Thanks for replying Alex.

yes, to answer your questions with Tomcat & Websphere, they all work fine, no problem.

I uploaded the jar file into the classpath of Sun ONE portal 6.0, using the same JSP that works with Tomcat & Websphere to test it out.

What I found so far is that the portal fell to handle any binary data. For example, if I got the following in a JSP Page, when I click submit, the portal returns a message "Portal encounter a serious error..etc..", and when I look at the /var/opt/SUNWam/debug/desktop.debug I saw an exception message saying failed to MultiParse etc.. (I haven't got it here in front of me), if this message is not clear, please let me know and I'll post the exact message.

Here is the form
    <form action="dt" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
    <input type="file" name="fileToUpload">
    <input type="submit" value="Go">
    </form>

Note that the form hasn't got any logic in it, just to demonstrate the portal fails to receive incoming binary data. It parses OK when using text file. However, I still haven't got Oreilly working with Text file because when trying
    ServletInputStream in = request.getInputStream() the portal throws error message as well.

Thanks & regards,
    Thinh
  • 3. Re: Upload file in portal server
    807574 Newbie
    multipart requests are not implemented in Sun Java System Portal Server 6 : look at the topic:
    http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?forumID=721&threadID=5021291

I have the same problem
    Maybe in Sun Java System Portal Server 7 it is solved.

Dima