4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2007 8:30 AM by 807574 RSS

Deploying JSR168 portlet on Sun Portal 7/ Sun Solaris 10 ?

Hi all,

how to deploy the jsr168 portlets on Sun Solaris 10 ?
      I am using Sun Java System Portal Server 7.

Could any one please send me the command for the same.

If you know any documents or links for the reference then share it
      with me.

Thanks in Advance

~nJoy
      ~Neeraj Sidhaye
      try_catch_finally@yahoo.com
        • 1. Re: Deploying JSR168 portlet on Sun Portal 7/ Sun Solaris 10 ?
          http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3029/6n59ds2t3?q=Portal+Server&a=view
          • 2. Re: Deploying JSR168 portlet on Sun Portal 7/ Sun Solaris 10 ?
            There is also a new portal admin console available at /psconsole. This new portal console adds gui functionality for deploying portlets. This can be used if you would prefer a gui tool over a CLI.

- Jim
            • 3. Re: Deploying JSR168 portlet on Sun Portal 7/ Sun Solaris 10 ?
              hi,

can any body tell me what are the roles file and the users file. is it an ldif file??

an example would be very helpful

thanks in advance
              dhawanmayur
              • 4. Re: Deploying JSR168 portlet on Sun Portal 7/ Sun Solaris 10 ?
                For example if you have a role say AM_TEST_DEVELOPER_ROLE which is under Developersample org in Access Manager and this you want to map to a logical role in Portalserver (ie one which you have coded in the JSR168 portlet), this mapping is done using roles file and the role file will have the following content :

cn\=AM_TEST_DEVELOPER_ROLE,o\=DeveloperSample,dc\=india,dc\=sun,dc\=com=PS_TEST_DEVELOPER_ROLE

This line above creates a logical mapping between AM role and PS role, now this PS role can be used in the portlet accordingly.

Use the following command :

./psadmin deploy-portlet -u amadmin -f ps_password -p portal1 -g --rolesfile /net/role.properties portlet.war