This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
Create a when-new-form-instance personalization.
Leave the condition blank
In action, Set the VALUE property of ACTION.GROUPING_METHOD to REQUISITION.
That will do it.
Hope this answers your question
Omkar Technologies Inc.
Independent Techno-functional Consultant
Spot on, thank you, although it did then make the other two fields (Action and Document Type) blank! I then used a similar method to re-instate their default values of Create and Standard PO
Also, if I hadn't known about forms personalisation from a previous question to do with preventing Finally Close option on PO control, then I wouldn't have known what to do. So if you're picking up this thread at a later date, here is some more detail:
1. Firstly ensure system profiles are set to correct level for the user undertaking changes
(Menu Path: System Administrator==>Profile==>System)
'Hide Diagnostics menu entry' should be 'No' and
'Utilities:Diagnostics' should be 'Yes' (at user level so that you can then perform personalisations
2. Navigate to AutoCreate screen, then from the toolbar menu, select:
Help > Diagnostics > Custom Code > Personalize (won’t be able to do this if profiles above are wrong)
If some Rules are already defined, they will appear in the window
Begin typing a new rule in the Sequence line (convention is that numbers are multiples of ten, so extra lines can be inserted if required)
3. Input the following on the Condition tab:
• Trigger Event = WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE
• Processing Mode = Both
• Other fields blank
4. Input the following on the Actions tab:
• Seq = 10
• Type = leave as Property
• Object Type = leave as Item
• Target Object = ACTION.GROUPING_METHOD
• Property Name = VALUE
• Value = REQUISITION
5. Save the work. [You may need to refresh screens or even log in and out for personalisaitions to kick in]
6. This will then clear the other fields default settings, so more rules need to be added to re-instate them; the three rules could be as follows:
• Description = Set Autocreate default Action settings to "Create"
• Actions:Target Object = ACTION.DOCUMENT_MODE
• Actions:Value = NEW
• Description = Set Autocreate default Document Type to "Standard PO"
• Actions:Target Object = ACTION.DOCUMENT_TYPE
• Actions:Value = STANDARD
• Description = Set Autocreate default Grouping settings to "Requisition"
• Actions:Target Object = ACTION.GROUPING_METHOD
• Actions:Value = REQUISITION
Edited by: user12267923 on 27-Oct-2010 04:19
Edited by: user12267923 on 27-Oct-2010 05:42