3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2010 11:01 AM by Udo

Errors affecting other Users/Workspaces/Applications

andreaRE
      We have some strange effects while using Apex Listener.

Me and my colleague are working in different workspaces. Now she has an error in her application, which shows her an empty page and is also logged in the Listener Log-File.

The very, very strange effect is: if she raise the error in her Application, i'll get her report with errors on the screen (at my next action), although i'm working in a different workspace. Also different messages shown on my screen correspond to my application, but her session-id?

Explanation:

1) She raise the error and get HTTP 500 - interner Serverfehler - die Website kann diese Seite nicht anzeigen

2) Item in logfile of Apex-Listener
      ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small
      ORA-06512: at line 32

3) At my next action/click in apex, no matter if i'm runnig my Apex-application or i'm in development-mode, I get an error
      either

a) ORA-0000: normal, successful completion
      Abrufen von authentication_scheme in Anwendung 194 nicht möglich.
      (194 my Application-ID, but the capture of the tab is the capture from the report of my colleaugue)

or

b) Der Workspace 29274530511522492 hat keine Berechtigungen zum Parsen als Schema (29274530511522492 is the session id of my colleauge)

It seems, that after an Error is raised at the Listener, the very next click anywhere in APEX will try to open the report, which raised the error.

Do you have any idea?
        • 1. Re: Errors affecting other Users/Workspaces/Applications
          Udo
          Hello <user, please tell us your name>,

you could help us helping you by naming database and webserver type and version you are using in your environment.

Your first error sounds familiar for Tomcat-users. Note that Tomcat is not supported by Oracle.
          If you do run the APEX Listener on Tomcat, you'll have to configure it properly:
          - configure the connector to support UTF-8 properly, like described in {message:id=3847395}
          - increase maximum Headersize of the connector

Your final connector could look like this:
          <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
                         connectionTimeout="20000"
                         maxHttpHeaderSize="32767"
                         URIEncoding="UTF-8"
                         redirectPort="8443" /> 
          ... and if you've added the filter for UTF-8 to the Listener deployment, your 500 should be gone. Probably this will also solve the following problems.

-Udo

Edited by: Udo on 13.11.2010 14:25
          • 2. Re: Errors affecting other Users/Workspaces/Applications
            andreaRE
            Hello Udo,

thank you for your answer ...

we use

Apex Listener Version:1.0.2.238.15.24
            Und WebLogic Server-Version: 10.3.3.0

My fear now is: if we fix the problem with the character-buffer we solve the further problems at first too (thats right) - BUT: if there will be anytime in future another listener-error raised by an application, may we have this problem again?

Anyway we'll have a look on the configuration of the WebLogic Server ...

regrards
            Andrea
            • 3. Re: Errors affecting other Users/Workspaces/Applications
              Udo
              Hello Andrea,

which versions of APEX and which database version do you have?
              Since you aren't using Tomcat, the cause might be located somewhere else. Is there any other log/stack trace on your WLS?
              Another reason could be improper NLS-settings in conjunction with your environment, if charset-encoding is not the cause.

The error may also occur when improper JDBC drivers are used. Per default, the APEX Listener comes with its own drivers and configures its own connection pooling. However, you reconfigure the JDBC driver in the Listener Admin and possibly add pooling on the J2EE Server. Both can result in driver issues that may raise this error.
              Do you currently use the thin-driver that comes with the Listener or some driver library of your WLS?

Hope this helps you "shoot the trouble".

-Udo