This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2010 4:52 AM by 723036 RSS

Problems with building blueprints catalog

723036 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I've got some problems building bp-catalog v 0.8 on a windows 7 machine, GlassFish 3.0.1.

I've properly changed build.properties file and executed "ant setup" but when I issues the "ant run" command, the compiler can't find packages (JSF packages mainly).
Why it cannot find jars? The ant script should include glassfish jee jars into classpath...right?

I've got the same problem with Petstore but since it's a netbeans ready project, I easily imported it and configured the runtime to GlassFish, and this solved the problem.
With the bp catalog, it could be pretty handy to build and deploy all the projects, without to import one by one in netbeans and manually solve the missing references problems.

Many thanks in advance:

E:\user\My Documents\Learning\SoftwareEngineering\JavaProjects\bpcatalog-ee5-ea-0.8>ant run
Buildfile: E:\user\My Documents\Learning\SoftwareEngineering\JavaProjects\bpcatalog-ee5-ea-0.8\build.xml

default:

default:

default-ear:

-pre-compile:

bpp-actual-compilation:
[echo] Compiling bp-ui-5
[javac] Compiling 61 source files to E:\user\My Documents\Learning\SoftwareEngineering\JavaProjects\bpcatalog-ee5-ea-0.8\components\ui\build\classes
[javac] E:\user\My Documents\Learning\SoftwareEngineering\JavaProjects\bpcatalog-ee5-ea-0.8\components\ui\src\java\com\sun\javaee\blueprints\components\ui\autocompl
ompleteComponent.java:14: package javax.faces.component.html does not exist
[javac] import javax.faces.component.html.HtmlInputText;
[javac] ^
[javac] E:\user\My Documents\Learning\SoftwareEngineering\JavaProjects\bpcatalog-ee5-ea-0.8\components\ui\src\java\com\sun\javaee\blueprints\components\ui\autocompl
ompleteComponent.java:15: package javax.faces.context does not exist
[javac] import javax.faces.context.FacesContext;
[javac] ^
ompleteComponent.java:16: package javax.el does not exist
[javac] import javax.el.MethodExpression;
[javac] ^
ompleteComponent.java:45: cannot find symbol
[javac] symbol: class HtmlInputText
[javac] public class AutoCompleteComponent extends HtmlInputText {
[javac] ^
ompleteComponent.java:47: cannot find symbol
[javac] symbol : class MethodExpression
[javac] location: class com.sun.javaee.blueprints.components.ui.autocomplete.AutoCompleteComponent
[javac] private MethodExpression completionMethod;
[javac] ^

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points