8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2009 7:19 AM by 807575 RSS

How to login to app server

Not having much luck trying to log into app server in Creator.
      In the following code, I am trying to login admin user:

HTTPServletRequest request = (HttpServletRequest)this.this.getExternalContext().getRequest();
      HTTPServletResponse request = (HTTPServletResponse)this.this.getExternalContext().getResponse();
      com.sun.appserv.security.ProgrammaticLogin p = new com.sun.appserv.security.ProgrammaticLogin();
      p.login("admin", "adminadmin", "file", request, response, true);

All I get is ClassCastException.

Any ideas??
        • 1. Re: How to login to app server
          error in above code. Correct code is:

HTTPServletRequest request = (HttpServletRequest)this.this.getExternalContext().getRequest();
          HTTPServletResponse response = (HTTPServletResponse)this.this.getExternalContext().getResponse();
          com.sun.appserv.security.ProgrammaticLogin p = new com.sun.appserv.security.ProgrammaticLogin();
          • 2. Re: How to login to app server
            I tried I didn't get the Class cast exception. Following is the code.
            HttpServletRequest request = (HttpServletRequest)getExternalContext().getRequest();
                    HttpServletResponse response = (HttpServletResponse)getExternalContext().getResponse();
                    try{
                    }catch(Exception exc){
                        exc.printStackTrace();
                    }
            But I got access denied exception

[#|2004-08-02T14:02:34.182-0700|WARNING|sun-appserver-pe8.0.0_01|javax.enterprise.system.core.security|_ThreadID=13;|SEC1130: Code does not have permission to invoke programmatic login mechanism.|#]
            [#|2004-08-02T14:02:34.182-0700|WARNING|sun-appserver-pe8.0.0_01|javax.enterprise.system.stream.err|_ThreadID=13;|
            java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (com.sun.appserv.security.ProgrammaticLoginPermission login)
            at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:269)
            at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:401)
            at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:524)
            at com.sun.appserv.security.ProgrammaticLogin.checkLoginPermission(ProgrammaticLogin.java:341)
            at com.sun.appserv.security.ProgrammaticLogin.login(ProgrammaticLogin.java:167)
            at webapplication2.Page1.<init>(Page1.java:37)

- Winston
            • 3. Re: How to login to app server
              Perhaps the default security options for the app server do not allow this? Might be something to ask the app server folks?

v
              • 4. Re: How to login to app server
                Add the following line:

grant {
                permission java.security.AllPermission;
                };

at the end of the server.policy file:

\Sun\Creator\SunAppServer8\domains\creator\config\server.policy

THIS IS FOR DEVELOPMENT ONLY!!!
                Remove the above line for production
                • 5. Re: How to login to app server
                  I ran into a similar issue when trying to use Hibernate - it wanted access to my system properties and was denied all access.

Perhaps this should be an FAQ, or there should be a link to a guide - I was a bit surprised to see it so restrictive by default (esp for a "newbie" setup) and no instructions or help anywhere.
                  • 6. Re: How to login to app server
                    We can look into that - it's almost more of a server issue than a Creator issue.... the concern is that the server folks want this to be used w/caution due to the security issues. The defaults are set per the app server defaults - I'll try to find out where this is doc'd by them.

Val
                    • 7. Re: How to login to app server
                      By the way, here's the security chapter of the
                      developer guide:

http://docs.sun.com/source/817-6087/dgsecure.html

I'm also going to suggest a link to the app server doc from our docs section...

v
                      • 8. Re: How to login to app server
                        w3apps wrote:
                        Add the following line:

grant {
                        permission java.security.AllPermission;
                        };

at the end of the server.policy file:

\Sun\Creator\SunAppServer8\domains\creator\config\server.policy

THIS IS FOR DEVELOPMENT ONLY!!!
                        Remove the above line for production
                        But if I remove it (AllPermission), how can I make it work in production?

I tried the link in the end of this thread and then I tried this;
                        grant codeBase "file:${com.sun.aas.installRoot}/lib/myjar-security.jar" { 
                          permission java.security.AllPermission 
                          "login"; 
                        };
                        I still get the message: “Code does not have permission to invoke programmatic login mechanism.”

I don't know what to do! :(