1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 29, 2010 4:43 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

issues after installing apps r12.1.1 on IBM AIX server 6.x

hi ,

I have done the single node Apps r12.1.1 installation on IBM AIX 6.x server. I am requesting someone to please help me with the following issues.

1. The installation has happened on a single node..single dir structure /U02/….. At present, I am able to open all HTML pages, but not any form. While opening forms, its giving following error.

FRM 92101: There was a failure in the forms server during startup. This could happen due to invalid configuration.
      Please look into the web server log files for details.

2. At present commands and TOPs don’t work (e.g. sqlplus, or $APPL_TOP etc). How they can be setup so that the commands can be run anywhere and cd $XXX_TOP commands can be issued to move to respective TOPs.

3. I ran the adautocfg.sh after implementation. While running, I saw that it configured the XXX_TOPs. But, unable to use them. What else is required to be run? Did I miss out on any other files?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Vamshi
        • 1. Re: issues after installing apps r12.1.1 on IBM AIX server 6.x
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Hi,
          1. The installation has happened on a single node..single dir structure /U02/….. At present, I am able to open all HTML pages, but not any form. While opening forms, its giving following error.

FRM 92101: There was a failure in the forms server during startup. This could happen due to invalid configuration.
          Please look into the web server log files for details.
          This is a generic error, so please check the application.log file for details about the error.
          2. At present commands and TOPs don’t work (e.g. sqlplus, or $APPL_TOP etc). How they can be setup so that the commands can be run anywhere and cd $XXX_TOP commands can be issued to move to respective TOPs.
          You need to source the application/database env file, $APPL_TOP/APPS<CONTEXT_NAME>.env and $ORACLE_HOME/<CONTEXT_NAME>.env

Please see "Oracle Applications Maintenance Utilities" for details -- Page 1-11/1-12

Oracle Applications Maintenance Utilities
          http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B53825_03/current/acrobat/121admu.pdf
          3. I ran the adautocfg.sh after implementation. While running, I saw that it configured the XXX_TOPs. But, unable to use them. What else is required to be run? Did I miss out on any other files?
          You need to source the application env file again to set this custom top.

Please see old threads which discuss the same topic.

How to create a custom top in R12
          How to create a custom top in R12

CUSTOM_TOP
          http://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=CUSTOM_TOP&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

Thanks,
          Hussein