2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2010 11:59 AM by 602425 RSS

Jdeveloper Multi-language: How to start with a diffenent language?

I am using jdeveloper version 11.1.1.3.0 on linux. How can I start my jdeveloper in a different language other than the OS language setting? I want to change the display of my jdeveloper to a different language (i.e French).
      I tried the following:
      Modified the jdev.conf file in jdev/bin folder to add the following JVM parameter.
      AddVMOption -Duser.language=fr
      AddVMOption -Duser.country=FR

Then, when I start the jdeveloper, I get the following info message:
      INFO: Locale fr_FR is not supported by this product. Forcing locale to en_US.

any idea?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Jdeveloper Multi-language: How to start with a diffenent language?
          Shay Shmeltzer-Oracle
          Are you looking for translated menus?
          The only other language that JDeveloper is translated to is Japanese.

However you can build applications in JDeveloper for any language - you might need to change the compiler encoding though.
          • 2. Re: Jdeveloper Multi-language: How to start with a diffenent language?
            Thanks for the reply. I am actually creating a jdeveloper extension and like to support multiple language for that extension. I created properties resource bundle files (i.e bundlename.properties, bundlename_fr.properties) file and put all my text there. Then I use a method in java class to extract those text values which looks like the following:
                private static String getStringForBundle(String key, Locale locale){
                    if(locale == null){
                        locale = Locale.getDefault();
                    }
                    ResourceBundle bundle;
                    if (locale != null){
                        bundle = ResourceBundle.getBundle(BUNDLE_NAME,locale);
                    }
                    else
                        bundle = ResourceBundle.getBundle(BUNDLE_NAME);
                    return bundle.getString(key);
                }
            I like to test this extension in French or other language, So, I wanted to start the jdeveloper with that language. Can I do that?

I modified the jdev.conf file to add the following
            AddVMOption -Duser.language=ja
            AddVMOption -Duser.country=JP
            As you mentioned, jdeveloper supports japanese language, I can see it's been translated to japanese. Now, if jdeveloper only support japanese, then does it mean that my jdev extension will also only support japanese?
            Thanks

Edited by: user599422 on Oct 29, 2010 4:19 PM

I got my answer. Jdeveloper only support Japanese language other than English. Since, jdeveloper only supports japanese language, it's extension will also only support Japanese and English(same JVM).

Edited by: arafique on Nov 1, 2010 9:56 AM