7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2011 5:05 PM by FonzDesselle RSS

Instant Messaging - configure utility fails

Good Day,

I am trying to configure IM 8u2 after the installation using the configure utility and it keeps failing with the following message while I give the Web Container details, whether it is Web Server 7.0U2 or Application Server 9.1U2.

The program was not able to identify a known web container for messenger resources deployment. This panel allows you to provide a file system location for the messenger resources. This directory should be served out by a locally installed web server as the URL given in the previous messenger resources Panel. <p>To use the default directory, click Next. To use a different directory, click in the text field and enter the absolute path of the directory to use.

And in the end of the configuration I get the following message regardless of which ever Web Container I mention.

ImDirectorySelectionPanel.isDisplayComplete, linking from /opt/SUNWwbsvr/docs/im to /opt/sun/comms/im/html
      Calling deployHtml with NO copy option
      /opt/sun/comms/im/lib/deployHtml failed,ret=1
      ClientConfigTasks.doWebDeploy,failed to link from /opt/SUNWwbsvr/docs/im to /opt/sun/comms/im/html:
      Done.

I am already running an Access Manager in the Web Server.

I would like to install a Convergence Server to mange my communication suite products.

It would be really nice if someone can through some light on this.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Instant Messaging - configure utility fails
          Hi,
          Please see the "Communications Suite 7 Component Dependencies" section here
          Web Server 7.0U2 or Application Server 9.1U2 is not the supported webcontainers for IM8.0U2 release.

Also ensure you enter a valid codebase and Webcontainer Path,webcontainer path is the install dir of your webcontainer.

Below is the snippet for the same(Here GF install dir is /space/SUNWappserver),

Do you want to go back to previous panel [no]:

Deploy Messenger Resources [yes]:
          The Instant Messenger Resources codebase is the HTTP URL from which Instant Messenger Resources are to be downloaded. Enter the desired URL.

Codebase [http://foo.sun.com:80/im]:http://foo.sun.com:8080/im
          Enable Audio? [no]:
          The following information is used to invoke your web container's deployment interfaces. Your web container may not require all fields to be filled.

Webcontainer Path []:/space/SUNWappserver
          Web Administration URL []:https://foo.sun.com:4848
          Web Administrator User Id [admin]:
          Web Administrator Password:
          appContext = /im

HTH,
          Swetha
          • 2. Re: Instant Messaging - configure utility fails
            Hi,

Thanks a lot for the inputs. Will install it as recommended.

Regards.
            • 3. Re: Instant Messaging - configure utility fails
              Hi Swetha,

Please correct me if I am wrong,

So according to the documentation, AM 7.1, DA 7 and Instant Messaging 8U2 can be deployed in Application Server 8.2.

I am not able to deploy AM 7.1 in Glassfish Server 2.1 because of the compatability issues, so i have to go for 8.2. And I require AM 7.1 for login and authentication purpose in IM 8U2.

So is this the best option to install these? And once this is done I will have to install Convergence either in the GlassFish Server 2.1 or AS 9.1.

Please suggest if this would be the best option.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards.

Edited by: s2810 on Mar 15, 2010 8:18 AM
              • 4. Re: Instant Messaging - configure utility fails
                s2810 wrote:
                Hi Swetha,

Please correct me if I am wrong,

So according to the documentation, AM 7.1, DA 7 and Instant Messaging 8U2 can be deployed in Application Server 8.2.

I am not able to deploy AM 7.1 in Glassfish Server 2.1 because of the compatability issues, so i have to go for 8.2. And I require AM 7.1 for login and authentication purpose in IM 8U2.

So is this the best option to install these? And once this is done I will have to install Convergence either in the GlassFish Server 2.1 or AS 9.1.

Please suggest if this would be the best option.
                I suggest you install Convergence in GlassFish Server 2.1,since that is the recommended container for Convergence

-Swetha
                >
                Thanks in Advance.

Regards.

Edited by: s2810 on Mar 15, 2010 8:18 AM
                • 5. Re: Instant Messaging - configure utility fails
                  Hi,

Thanks a lot for the information.

I have installed Convergence in the GlassFish Server 2.1 only. Initially i installed it on AS 9.1 and then re-installed it on GlassFish Server. But I get an error and I have posted it in the below thread.

http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5432066&tstart=0.

Thanks a lot once again.

Regards,
                  Soma.
                  • 6. Re: Instant Messaging - configure utility fails
                    FonzDesselle
                    Hello, based on the previous emails, does anyone know what I should set the context root to, when configuring the HTTP Gateway?
                    I too am trying to run the im confiugre utility
                    • 7. Re: Instant Messaging - configure utility fails
                      FonzDesselle
                      never mind.. I got it.. It was the basecode param that was specified earlier. That url is app being deployed url..