1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 2, 2009 1:03 AM by 807574 RSS

Unable to fully remove user and domain

Dear All,

After having deleted an user from the Delegated Admin:
      /opt/sun/comms/da/bin/commadmin user delete -D admin -n admindomain.tld -w adminpass -d userdomain.tld -l userlogin
      I purge the domain with:
      /opt/sun/comms/da/bin/commadmin domain purge -D admin -n admin -w adminpass -d userdomain.com -g 0
      then I issue:
      /opt/sun/comms/messaging64/lib/msuserpurge -d userdomain.com
      as a matter of fact:
      /opt/sun/comms/da/bin/commadmin user delete -D admin -n admindomain.tld -w adminpass -d userdomain.tld -l userlogin
      FAIL
      5087:The user could not be found.: userdomain.tld
      The problem is that when I retry to recreate the user, the old purged user is still there into the directory server, visible in the Corporate Directory of Convergence as well.

A similar problem happens after having deleted a hosted domain on the same server from Delegated Admin, then impossibe to recreate so:
      /opt/sun/comms/da/bin/commadmin domain delete -D admin -d admindomain.tld -n toremovedomain.tld -w adminpass
      FAIL
      Either no matching  entries found or too many matching entries for id: toremovedomain.tld ^971^NONE
      The server has been installed following the procedure "Sun Java Communications Suite 6 Update 2 on a Single Host"

I have checked exhaustively the docs and forums, unfortunately I'm stuck with this particular issue.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks indeed.

Fabian
        • 1. Re: Unable to fully remove user and domain
          xeneis wrote:
          After having deleted an user from the Delegated Admin:
          I purge the domain with:
          /opt/sun/comms/da/bin/commadmin domain purge -D admin -n admin -w adminpass -d userdomain.com -g 0
          then I issue:
          /opt/sun/comms/messaging64/lib/msuserpurge -d userdomain.com
          You need to run the msuserpurge before purging the domain. Also if the user has a calendar account then the calendar server db account for that user also needs to be removed. This is explained in the following guide:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-6839/6n8qvc1ua?l=en&a=view
          as a matter of fact:
          FAIL
          5087:The user could not be found.: userdomain.tld
          A user marked as deleted cannot be "seen" by the commadmin utility. This doesn't mean that the users entry doesn't still exist in the LDAP server.
          The problem is that when I retry to recreate the user, the old purged user is still there into the directory server, visible in the Corporate Directory of Convergence as well.

A similar problem happens after having deleted a hosted domain on the same server from Delegated Admin, then impossibe to recreate so:
          /opt/sun/comms/da/bin/commadmin domain delete -D admin -d admindomain.tld -n toremovedomain.tld -w adminpass
          FAIL
          Either no matching  entries found or too many matching entries for id: toremovedomain.tld ^971^NONE
          The server has been installed following the procedure "Sun Java Communications Suite 6 Update 2 on a Single Host"

I have checked exhaustively the docs and forums, unfortunately I'm stuck with this particular issue.
          The following document provides steps to deleting an entire domain:

http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-61-203639-1

Regards,

Shane.