This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2010 5:44 AM by 807573 RSS

Why won't Web Proxy Admin Service start on Win Server 2008 installation?

807573 Oracle ACE
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
I've just installed Sun Web Proxy 4.0.13 on my Windows Server 2008 box. I cannot get "Sun Java System Web Proxy Server 4.0.13 Administration Server" to start, it fails with the following event messages:

In Application logs i get:
"+The description for Event ID 26 from source c__sun_proxyserver40_proxy-admserv_config cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.+
+If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.+
+The following information was included with the event:+
+File C:\Sun\ProxyServer40\proxy-admserv\config/server.xml, line 8, column 8: Unknown element 'SERVER'+
+the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table+"

...and....

"+The description for Event ID 26 from source c__sun_proxyserver40_proxy-admserv_config cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.+
+If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.+
+The following information was included with the event:+
+File C:\Sun\ProxyServer40\proxy-admserv\config/server.xml, line 8, column 8: Unknown element 'SERVER'+
+the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table+"

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have JRE 6.0u18 installed, and pointed the install to use that directory for the JRE home.

Many thanks, Mark

P.S. the proxy server service starts fine, it's just the admin service that won't start....