This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 26, 2010 3:44 PM by 807573 RSS

caching issue in Web proxy 4.0.13

807573 Oracle ACE
Currently Being Moderated
I have the following settings in the obj.conf but i still see my http requests go back to the origin server. I have the Web proxy installed on Solaris 10

# more obj.conf
# You can edit this file, but comments and formatting changes
# might be lost when the admin server makes changes.

Init fn="flex-init" access="$accesslog" format.access="%Ses->client.ip% - %Req->vars.auth-user% [%SYSDATE%] \"%Req->reqpb.clf-request%\" %Req->srvh
drs.clf-status% %Req->srvhdrs.content-length% \"%Req->headers.referer%\" \"%Req->headers.user-agent%\" \"%Req->headers.cookie%\" %Req->reqpb.method
% %Req->reqpb.uri% %Req->reqpb.query% \"%Req->reqpb.protocol%\" %vsid% %Req->headers.x-forwarded-for%"
Init fn="init-proxy" timeout="300" timeout-2="15"
Init profiling="on" fn="stats-init"

<Object name="default">
AuthTrans fn="match-browser" browser=".*MSIE.*" ssl-unclean-shutdown="true"
NameTrans fn="assign-name" name="stats-xml" from="(/stats-xml|/stats-xml/.*)"
PathCheck fn="url-check"
ObjectType fn="block-ip"
ObjectType fn="cache-enable" cache-auth="1"
ObjectType fn="cache-setting" max-uncheck="86400"
Service fn="proxy-retrieve"
AddLog fn="flex-log" name="access"
Route fn="set-origin-server" server="origin.server.com" sticky-cookie="JSESSIONID" sticky-param="jsessionid" route-hdr="Proxy-jroute" route-cooki
e="JROUTE" rewrite-host="false" rewrite-location="true" rewrite-content-location="true"
</Object>

<Object name="file">
PathCheck fn="unix-uri-clean"
PathCheck fn="find-index" index-names="index.html"
ObjectType fn="type-by-extension"
ObjectType fn="force-type" type="text/plain"
Service fn="send-file"
</Object>

<Object ppath="ftp://.*">
ObjectType fn="cache-enable" query-maxlen="10" log-report="off"
ObjectType fn="cache-setting" lm-factor="0.10" max-uncheck="7200"
Service fn="proxy-retrieve"
</Object>

<Object ppath="http://.*">
ObjectType fn="cache-enable" query-maxlen="32" log-report="off" min-size="0" max-size="512000"
ObjectType fn="cache-setting" lm-factor="1.00" max-uncheck="1209600"
Service fn="proxy-retrieve" method="*"
Route fn="set-origin-server" server="origin.server.com" sticky-cookie="JSESSIONID" sticky-param="jsessionid" route-hdr="Proxy-jroute" route-cooki
e="JROUTE" rewrite-host="false" rewrite-location="true" rewrite-content-location="true"
</Object>

<Object ppath="https://.*">
Service fn="proxy-retrieve"
</Object>

<Object ppath="gopher://.*">
ObjectType fn="cache-enable" query-maxlen="10" log-report="off"
ObjectType fn="cache-setting" lm-factor="0.10" max-uncheck="7200"
Service fn="proxy-retrieve"
</Object>

<Object ppath="connect://.*:443">
Service fn="connect" method="CONNECT"
</Object>

<Object ppath="connect://.*:563">
Service fn="connect" method="CONNECT"
</Object>

<Object name="stats-xml">
Service fn="stats-xml"
</Object>
looks like i am missing something obvious but i can't figure it out..suggestions/thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks
JB

Edited by: hello343 on Feb 26, 2010 9:18 PM

more info:

I have the proxy running on port 8000. when i make request via the browser, i cannot get those pages to show up in the url database - these are the lines form the error log

[26/Feb/2010:16:11:28] fine ( 9416): for host 192.168.1.153 trying to GET /licensees/licensee1/images/IRParents/layout/Nemours_logo.png, set-origin-server reports: using server origin.server.com:80
[26/Feb/2010:16:11:28] fine ( 9416): for host 192.168.1.153 trying to GET /licensees/licensee1/images/IRParents/layout/Nemours_logo.png, service-http reports: attempting to contact origin.server.com:80
[26/Feb/2010:16:11:28] fine ( 9416): for host 192.168.1.153 trying to GET /licensees/licensee1/images/IRParents/layout/Nemours_logo.png, reusing existing persistent connection to origin.server.com:80
[26/Feb/2010:16:11:54] fine ( 9416): GC: partition index : 0, changed blocks : 0
[26/Feb/2010:16:12:39] fine ( 9416): GC: partition index : 0, changed blocks : 0
[26/Feb/2010:16:13:24] fine ( 9416): GC: partition index : 0, changed blocks : 0
[26/Feb/2010:16:14:09] fine ( 9416): GC: partition index : 0, changed blocks : 0
[26/Feb/2010:16:14:54] fine ( 9416): GC: partition index : 0, changed blocks : 0
but i did get the url database to populate when i setup a "cache batch update" but even those urls, are not served from the cache when i try to access them via the browser - I am using Firefox - seems like when i make the request via the browser, the cache is not being used.

Edited by: hello343 on Feb 26, 2010 9:29 PM

Edited by: hello343 on Feb 26, 2010 9:33 PM