This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: May 2, 2009 10:03 AM by 807573 RSS

simple IP substitution

807573 Oracle ACE
Currently Being Moderated
sorry for posting a question that stupid: how do i route http traffic through proxy, substituting caller's IP with proxy IP? i've blocked client ip forwarding in "Routing->Forward Client Credentials" but still get this kind of messages in the access logs:

client ip - - [27/Apr/2009:13:31:32 +0400] "CONNECT _target ip_ HTTP/1.1" 403 - - - - - - - - - -

access to target ip is only allowed from a certain range of IPs, while client ip is not in that range (but the host where the proxy is installed is in the range). when i do the same request from the proxy host - it works, but when i try to route the request from the client throught the proxy - it gives me 403...

can someone please tell me what i do wrong, or at least direct me to some examples with IP substitution using Sun Web Proxy thingie.
  • 1. Re: simple IP substitution
    807573 Oracle ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    The point is that you have access to modifying the Proxy server's configuration.

So why don't you simply provide access to the particular client IPs rather than
    providing access to the Proxy server's IP and then worrying about 'modifying'
    incoming requests so that they are associated with the Proxy server's IP rather
    than a select set of client IPs (which anyway is not possible).