5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2005 2:58 PM by 807573

Issue with using Sun Java Proxy Server

We are trying to access the WebService using the Sun Proxy Server.

When I access the WebService through proxy ,I find the error message in proxy error log as

[18/Oct/2005:19:10:40] failure ( 1288): for host 127.0.0.1 trying to POST http://localhost:1080/yodsoap/services/CobrandLogin, service-http reports: HTTP7760: error reading request body (Client closed connection)

and the access log is as follows:
      POST http://localhost:1080/yodsoap/services/CobrandLogin HTTP/1.1" 400 147

But when i see the WebServer access log for the same WebService POST /yodsoap/services/CobrandLogin HTTP/1.1" 200 1783 "-" "Axis/1.1RC1"

This case is happening when the request is compressed for the webservice. and the request headers are as follows:

POST /yodsoap/services/CobrandLogin HTTP/1.1
      Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
      Accept: application/soap+xml, application/dime, multipart/related, text/*
      User-Agent: Axis/1.1RC1
      Host: 127.0.0.1
      Cache-Control: no-cache
      Pragma: no-cache
      SOAPAction: "loginCobrand"
      Content-Length: 1412
      Connection: close
      Content-Encoding: gzip

And the response headers are as follows:
      HTTP/1.1 200 OK
      Server: Resin/3.0.8
      Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
      Transfer-Encoding: chunked
      Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:41:50 GMT

So ,we found out that if we dont use the proxy server,then the WebService is working properly,but if we start using the proxy server,we are encountering HTTP400 error.

Any ideas will help out to solve this problem..???

Thankz in advance.

Regards,
      Somendra
        • 1. Re: Issue with using Sun Java Proxy Server
          Somendra,

I would recommend that if you have access to snoop on the proxy, you snoop on the locathost. That way you can see if the request that is leaving the proxy server is not mangled in anyway. And that the web/soap server is properly responding back to the proxy server.
          • 2. Re: Issue with using Sun Java Proxy Server
            I used TCPMonitor to check the request and the response,when I use the proxy server,both the request and the response are the same in TCP Monitor,but the access log in proxy server shows what I have written in the previous mail.
            • 3. Re: Issue with using Sun Java Proxy Server
              Is it possible to try your request via http 1.0 first, and see if that also fails?
              -r
              • 4. Re: Issue with using Sun Java Proxy Server
                I tried the webservice sending the request over http10 ,its working fine,but using the same code when I use the proxy server,i find that the connection automatically is done in HTTP1.1 even though I am setting the http version to 1.0.
                • 5. Re: Issue with using Sun Java Proxy Server
                  This is what I see in the error message:

ProxyFactory initialized in SOAP_CLIENT_MODE
                  System property : com.yodlee.soap.client.log4j.config not found. Using the default config resource : com.yodlee.util.soap.log4j
                  ProxyFactory initialized in SOAP_CLIENT_MODE
                  System property : com.yodlee.soap.client.log4j.config not found. Using the default config resource : com.yodlee.util.soap.log4j
                  HTTP Header name and value is HTTP/1.1 400 Bad request
                  HTTP Header name and value is Server Sun-Java-System-Web-Proxy-Server/4.0
                  HTTP Header name and value is Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:56:21 GMT
                  HTTP Header name and value is Connection close
                  com.yodlee.core.CoreRemoteException: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad envelope tag: HTML
                       at com.yodlee.soap.core.login.CobrandLoginSoapClientProxy.loginCobrand(CobrandLoginSoapClientProxy.java:132)
                       at SoapClient.main(SoapClient.java:45)
                  Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad envelope tag: HTML
                       at org.apache.axis.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:129)
                       at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:543)
                       at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:376)
                       at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2511)
                       at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2481)
                       at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2176)
                       at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2099)
                       at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1622)
                       at com.yodlee.soap.core.login.CobrandLoginSoapBindingStub.loginCobrand(CobrandLoginSoapBindingStub.java:225)
                       at com.yodlee.soap.core.login.CobrandLoginSoapClientProxy.loginCobrand(CobrandLoginSoapClientProxy.java:119)
                       ... 1 more
                  Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad envelope tag: HTML
                       at org.apache.axis.message.EnvelopeBuilder.startElement(EnvelopeBuilder.java:107)
                       at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.startElement(DeserializationContextImpl.java:934)
                       at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1635)
                       at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:634)
                       at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:333)
                       at org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:448)
                       at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:345)
                       at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(DeserializationContextImpl.java:230)
                       at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:538)
                       ... 9 more