8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2008 10:13 AM by 807573

new to DS6.0

Hello,

Last time I used Directory server was with version 5.2 (JES4).

I installed DS6.0.

There was an admin console accessed via https. How to access this console?

thanks
        • 1. Re: new to DS6.0
          I'm running JSDS 6.2

https://ip-of-your-server:6789

or

https://FQDN-of-your-server:6789

Run */usr/sbin/smcwebserver start* if you cannot get to server listed above

If you want the web console access to be available after reboots:

*/usr/sbin/smcwebserver enable*
          */usr/sbin/cacaoadm enable*

These docs are pretty useful:
          http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-2486/fxjbo#hic (for 6.2)
          http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/coll/1224.1 (for 6.0)
          • 2. Re: new to DS6.0
            Hello,

What is the username and password to enter this console?

I also need to need to know please if there is any impact if, during the installation, the DNS domain name is uk.siroe.com while the suffix is dc=siroe,dc=com

thx
            • 3. Re: new to DS6.0
              What is the username and password to enter this console?<
              This is set by the user during install.
              I also need to need to know please if there is any impact if, during the installation, the DNS domain name is uk.siroe.com while the suffix is dc=siroe,dc=com<
              Don't know
              • 4. Re: new to DS6.0
                mpfefer wrote:
                Hello,

What is the username and password to enter this console?

I also need to need to know please if there is any impact if, during the installation, the DNS domain name is uk.siroe.com while the suffix is dc=siroe,dc=com

thx
                2 things. First a fully qualified name is no longer require to install Directory Server (although it is preferable). Second, LDAP makes no direct link between the DNS domainname of the machine and the Suffix of the data. Some applications may...

Regards,

Ludovic.
                • 5. Re: new to DS6.0
                  hello again.
                  I was able to enter the web console using the root account on my solaris machine!! This was not the case before where we entered the admin user (or any user) and its password. Where the logs of the web console are?

on another front, one of the new things in DS6 is Directory Service Control Center (DSCC) and the files are under /var/opt/SUNWdsee/dscc6/

What is the purpose of this component?

another new thing is called Common Agent Container. What is the purpose of this component?

Last question is about cacaoadm command. Does it come with JES? or is it a native command? What is the use of this command other than seeing if a service is enabled on startup or not?

thanks.
                  • 6. Re: new to DS6.0
                    I also noticed idsconfig command. When do we use this command? it is stored under /usr/lib/ldap/. Is there a document that explains where the DS conf/log/binaries are located? So far, I see sporadic locations:

/usr/bin/
                    /usr/sbin/
                    /usr/lib/ldap/
                    /var/opt/SUNWdsee/
                    /opt/SUNWdsee/

Many thanks!!!!
                    • 7. Re: new to DS6.0
                      SUN JSDS 6.2 Documentation:
                      http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/coll/1224.3

Admin and Reference Guides have answers to most of your questions. Search this forum, too, if you can't find waht you're looking for.
                      • 8. Re: new to DS6.0
                        Hi Board: I am not only new to DS6 but also very new to Solaris. I have much BSD / HP-UX and Tru64 experience but that being said as you old timers know that is little help here. Anyways this one thread got me further along in my quest to install the SUNWmsgr service than anything to date. I have struggled with this on and off for the last month or so.

In any case, I logged into my box @6789 launched the DSCC and then initialized it as root. After that, it basically errored out, so I went into the CLI and tried to "dismantle" the whole show. It seems I can't dismantle and now I get the following error at the end it says software corrupt 'foo' but this is a fresh install nothing special nothing added:

# /opt/SUNWdsee/dscc6/bin/dsccsetup dismantle
                        DSCC Application is not registered in Sun Java(TM) Web Console
                        DSCC Agent is not registered
                        Deleting DSCC Registry...
                        All server registrations will be definitively erased.
                        Existing server instances will not be modified.
                        Do you really want to delete the DSCC Registry ? [y/n]y
                        /opt/SUNWdsee/ds6/bin/dsadm exited with unexpected error code 154
                        com.sun.directory.common.slapx.AdmCmdErrorException: /opt/SUNWdsee/ds6/bin/dsadm info --separator = /var/opt/SUNWdsee/dscc6/dcc/ads
                        at com.sun.directory.common.slapx.AdmCmd.run(AdmCmd.java:76)
                        at com.sun.directory.common.slapx.AdmCmd.runInfo(AdmCmd.java:148)
                        at com.sun.directory.common.slapx.SlapxCmd.runInfo(SlapxCmd.java:73)
                        at com.sun.directory.dcc.ads.ADSInstall.getSlapxInfo(ADSInstall.java:427)
                        at com.sun.directory.dcc.ads.ADSInstall.isRunning(ADSInstall.java:366)
                        at com.sun.directory.dcc.ads.ADSInstall.delete(ADSInstall.java:271)
                        at com.sun.directory.dcc.cli.setup.CmdAdsDelete.performDelete(CmdAdsDelete.java:71)
                        at com.sun.directory.dcc.cli.setup.CmdAdsDelete.perform(CmdAdsDelete.java:46)
                        at com.sun.directory.dcc.cli.setup.CmdAdsDelete.perform(CmdAdsDelete.java:26)
                        at com.sun.directory.dcc.cli.setup.CmdDismantle.perform(CmdDismantle.java:47)
                        at com.sun.directory.clip.ClipSubcommand.execute(ClipSubcommand.java:84)
                        at com.sun.directory.clip.ClipParser.execute(ClipParser.java:192)
                        at com.sun.directory.dcc.cli.setup.SetupMain.main(SetupMain.java:12)
                        Sofware installation is probably incomplete or corrupted

Thank you all for any suggestions or tips.