2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2003 1:31 AM by 807573

Error 5398 Duplicate value addition in attribute ...

I'm seeing the following error messages in my error log and am not sure what to do about it since the reference guide does not list it. Solaris 8, DS 5.2.

ERROR<5398> - Entry - conn=-1 op=-1 msgId=-1 - Duplicate value addition in attribute "objectClass" of entry "ou=Configs, o=Contivity, o=vpn"

ERROR<5398> - Entry - conn=-1 op=-1 msgId=-1 - Duplicate value addition in attribute "objectClass" of entry "cn=14649, ou=Configs, o=Contivity, o=vpn"

Here are some historical events that may help shed light on things:

The errors are occuring on Searay. I have another LDAP server called Mantaray. Here is some historical data that ay help shed light on the matter:

I wanted the DNS domain the LDAP was using changed on Searay so I configured searay:o=vpn for Master replication and created o=vpn on Mantaray and configured it as a consumer.

After the suffix was replicated I broke the replication and unconfigured Searay and then configured it. I then did the reverse and made Mantaray:o=vpn the master and Searay:o=vpn the consumer. I then broke the replication again and tried to get Multi-Master replication to work between the two servers. It took a few tries before things seemed to start working right.