3 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2009 3:18 PM by 793959 RSS

Can't update StarOffice9 to StarOffice9-01

Have just purchased and registered SO-9. Am informed on starting SO that update to 9-01 is available but my attempts to download it fail

I note from that one of the many pages visited that an individual patch needs me to log in to get it but I can't find the appropriate log in box.

I have to be doing something silly but what?
        • 1. Re: Can't update StarOffice9 to StarOffice9-01
          May 03 2009

Download the patch from here:

http://sunsolve.sun.com/show.do?target=patches/zp-StarOffice9

The same login for here should let you log in to the download page.

To update you need to make sure that the SO9 installation folder is available to the install program.

Phil
          • 2. Re: Can't update StarOffice9 to StarOffice9-01
            Thanks for your help. I now have the patch downloaded as 139313-01.jar but on trying to run it I get the error message

"Failed to load Main-class manifest attribute from C:\Downloads\StarOffice-9 Downloads\139313-01.jar"

Is that related to your last comment?

"To update you need to make sure that the SO9 installation folder is available to the install program."

Best Regards
            • 3. Re: Can't update StarOffice9 to StarOffice9-01
              Monday, May 04, 2009

I have not used the jar download but the zip file. In it are two MSI installation files. Install them in the order described in the readme and you will be updated.

My reference was to the unpacked installation files which by default are stored on the Desktop. The MSI files (or at least the first one) check for its existance.

Phil