This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 3, 2007 1:03 AM by 807578 RSS

Error installing update 7 over update 6 on Windows

807578 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I installed SO8 update 6 this morning and then did "check for updates" and discovered update 7 was available.

I downloaded the unsigned patch, unpacked it, then unpacked the installation files and finally ran the install (this double-wrapping of the install files is pain BTW!).

The install recognizes I have a prior version of SO8 and proceeds to update it. I then, after a short while, get an error:

Error 1305.Error reading from file G:\apps\StarOffice8\help\hu\shared.jar.9161. Verify the file exists and that you can access it.

The weird thing is, the update 7 install is creating the help/hu directory and its contents. In my update 6 install that directory doesn't exist. Originally I though that the problem was that I did a custom install of update 6 and only installed support for English. So I went back and had update 6 install all language components. Then I saw there was still no help/hu directory.

Watching the install process of update 7 the file it complains about comes into existence, then suddenly has a zero size, then a real size, and fluctuates like that before the error message finally pops up.

Anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks,
David