7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2008 5:26 PM by 807581 RSS

Problem with portal tag library using netbeans 6 and portal pack 2

Hi,

I am hoping that someone can help with two related issues that I am having with portal pack 2 and netbeans 6.0 beta 1.

When I create a new web application in netbeans 6 with portlet support it does not automatically create the tag library descriptor portlet.tld in the WEB-INF directory and there is no portlet taglib jar file inserted into the project libraries. This causes the editor to be unable to resolve the portlet taglib

Also If I create a new portlet application project in netbeans 5.5 using portal pack 1.2 then these files are created correctly , but if I then open that project in netbeans 6 although it seems to resolve the portlet taglibI I get a code error in the jsp page on the PortletPreferences line below.
      <%@ page import="javax.portlet.*"%>
      <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/portlet" prefix="portlet"%>
      <portlet:defineObjects />
      <%PortletPreferences prefs = renderRequest.getPreferences();%>
      In the editor the last line is reported as an error and the error reads "cannot find symbol renderRequest location SimplifiedJSPServlet"

Any clues or hints would be greatly appreciated as I would really like to be able to use netbeans 6 for portlet development.

Thanks