5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2010 2:59 AM by 807581 RSS

"Broker unavailable" error running ProducerAsyncConsumer C example

Hi,

I am using Open Message Queue 4.4u2 (Build 5-a) under Windows XP Professional. Broker is running and I have no problems communicating Java applications, but now I am trying to communicate the C-based ProducerAsyncConsumer example, with no success. The example C code is left unchanged, and it compiled and linked with no errors. The error I am getting on running is the following:
      OpenMQ.exe -d MyTopicDest
          "Preparing for NSS initialization ..."
          "Initializing NSS ..."
          "Opened TCP connection to broker localhost:1033."
          "Connection ping enabled (ping interval = 30 second)."
          "Failed to write packet with reply because 'Broker: unavailable' (2312)"
          "Failed to say hello to broker because 'Broker: unavailable' (2312)"
          "ReadChannel:: received GOODBYE from broker"
          "Could not connect to broker because 'Broker: unavailable' (2312)."
      createConnection(): Error: Broker: unavailable
      Any clue about how to solve this?

Thanks in advance,

RSamaniego
        • 1. Re: "Broker unavailable" error running ProducerAsyncConsumer C example
          What does the broker log show when the above error occurs on the C client ?
          • 2. Re: "Broker unavailable" error running ProducerAsyncConsumer C example
            Thanks for the reply.

I found the following:
            [13/jul/2010:12:17:16 CEST] ERROR[B3122]: La compatibilidad con Clientes de la API C no está disponible en esta edición. Actualice a la edición Enterprise para poder usar esta función
            [13/jul/2010:12:17:16 CEST] [B1066]:   Cerrando: ???@127.0.0.1:0->jms:0 debido a "[B0063]: Fallo de inicialización". Número=0
            which, in english, means that there is no C API compatibility for this edition, and that I should update to "Enterprise edition" for this feature.

Now, I am not sure of what does it exactly means. I am unable to find any reference to such edition on the OMQ web page, nor on the complete GlassFish one. Does it refer to "Oracle GlassFish Server" instead of "GlassFish Server Open Source Edition"? is there any way of obtaining this MQ edition without installing the whole GlassFish server?

Thank you again for your kind attention,

R. Samaniego.
            • 3. Re: "Broker unavailable" error running ProducerAsyncConsumer C example
              Hi again,

I just found [this 2006-year thread|http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?forumID=711&threadID=5099147] . Following that instructions, I did "imqbrokerd -license" and obtained:
              Package -  Descripci¾n

unl     -   Sun Glassfish(tm) Message Queue / Open Message Queue 4.4
              which I suppose means that I do not have that "Enterprise Edition trial license" installed. On the other hand, I am still unable to find any reference to such "OpenMessageQueue Enterprise Edition" (!?)

Any help will be appreciated.
              • 4. Re: "Broker unavailable" error running ProducerAsyncConsumer C example
                The Enterprise/Platform editions have combined (see below 4.2 doc). I have no problem run the C example program with 4.2 broker.
                http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-5204/aenas?l=en&a=view
                • 5. Re: "Broker unavailable" error running ProducerAsyncConsumer C example
                  I completely cleaned and reinstalled Open Message Queue (same version, 4.4u2) and now the example works, communicating perfectly with my topic subscriber written in Java. Maybe I was suffering a conflict with an old version previously installed on this computer (?)

Again, thanks a lot for your kind support,

R. Samaniego.

Edited by: RSamaniego on Jul 14, 2010 12:59 AM