3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2009 8:46 PM by 807581 RSS

After sending SMS thru SMPP java process goes to 100% and error in the log

Hi!
      I have just installed Sun Java Mobile Communications Build 20081126-1022 on Solaris 10 x64 138889-03 with Application server 9.01_02 on v20z java version 1.5.0_17-b04
      There is the problem when a user send SMS thru SMPP getaway with the settings for the mobile device, at the first sending the java process goes to 50% after second sending goes to 100% and stays there
      This is what comes into application server server.log:
      [#|2009-02-04T19:29:31.041+1100|WARNING|sun-appserver9.1|javax.enterprise.resource.webcontainer.jsf.lifecycle|_ThreadID=16;_ThreadName=httpSSLWorkerThread-443-0;_RequestID=0b8b2684-a8e2-48db-b60c-06d50fb32599;|executePhase(RESTORE_VIEW 1,com.sun.faces.context.FacesContextImpl@15c4abf) threw exception
      javax.faces.application.ViewExpiredException: viewId:/faces/jsp/welcome-perspective.jsf - View /faces/jsp/welcome-perspective.jsf could not be restored.
      at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RestoreViewPhase.execute(RestoreViewPhase.java:187)
      at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:251)
      at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:117)
      at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:244)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.servletService(ApplicationFilterChain.java:411)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:290)
      |#]
      [#|2009-02-04T19:29:31.045+1100|SEVERE|sun-appserver9.1|javax.enterprise.system.container.web|_ThreadID=16;_ThreadName=httpSSLWorkerThread-443-0;_RequestID=0b8b2684-a8e2-48db-b60c-06d50fb32599;|StandardWrapperValve[Faces Servlet]: PWC1406: Servlet.service() for servlet Faces Servlet threw exception
      javax.faces.application.ViewExpiredException: viewId:/faces/jsp/welcome-perspective.jsf - View /faces/jsp/welcome-perspective.jsf could not be restored.
      at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RestoreViewPhase.execute(RestoreViewPhase.java:187)
      at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:251)
      at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:117)
      at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:244)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.servletService(ApplicationFilterChain.java:411)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:290)
      d.java:106)...................................................
      |#]
      Any idea?
      Thanks
        • 1. Re: After sending SMS thru SMPP java process goes to 100% and error in the log
          Hi,

The stack trace in question does not appear to be coming from the Mobile Platform code. There is no welcome-perspective.jsf in the codebase. Usually SMS delivery issues are caused by incorrect SMPP configuration (found on the SMS tab in the admin console). Are there any messages with the keyword [StandardSendShortMessageUseCase] in the synchronica.log? The path is mep-domain-dir/ds/log/synchronica.log, where mep-domain-dir is the location of the Application Server domain for MEP. The message should look something like this:

ERROR [StandardSendShortMessageUseCase] Send SMS to phone number ’+18885551212’ with
          short message ’Hello!’ has failed: Failed to send text SMS;
          nested exception is: java.lang.IllegalStateException: not bound

-Hans
          • 2. Re: After sending SMS thru SMPP java process goes to 100% and error in the log
            Hi!
            Thanks for reply.
            On this application server runs only the Sun Java Mobile so I believe as I look at the timing in server.log it should be those messages
            I had a look in the other log and it says that sms messages was sent, and I have recerived the sms on the mobile
            If you want I will email both logs if you give me a email, mine is clichi@websundev.com.au
            Regards
            • 3. Re: After sending SMS thru SMPP java process goes to 100% and error in the log
              Hi, after looking through the logs I and rereading your original message, I realized that you are not running [Sun Java System Mobile Enterprise Platform|http://www.sun.com/software/products/mep/|Mobile Enterprise Platform], which is what we support on this forum. However, since you have purchased the [Sun Java Mobile Communications|http://www.sun.com/software/products/java_mobile_comms/index.xml] suite, your license gives you access to the patches and updates. I believe there is an update which fixes this bug.